• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Review for Season one of Trek on HD-DVD

Started by Rico, November 19, 2007, 10:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Got my Season one HD-DVD set today from Amazon (wish my "Deathstar" book would get here - sheesh).  I'll take a look later on and let you all know what I think of the set.

Rico

I've had a chance to look over this set.  A few comments.  This is by far the best looking transfer of Trek I have ever seen.  But of course since they cleaned the shows up, remastered them added new effects that's to be expected.  It's nice to see the new remastered shows not cut up for time like they have been doing in syndication.  The discs do have one side DVD and one side HD-DVD, which is nice.  The remastered episode is on both sides and is the same - except of course for the difference in resolution.  As far as the extras most of it has been released before.  One of the exceptions is some of the behind the scenes footage and the work shown on doing the new remastering and effects.

All in all, this is a must buy if you have never gotten the original Star Trek on DVD before.  But if you do have them on DVD already these are probably more of a buy only for the die hard fans - like me of course.

jedijeff

Thanks for the review Rico. Probably for me, they will be a must buy even though I already have the others. I have really enjoyed the Enhanced versions, so I really cannot see myself without this set. I have that disease where I seem to buy Star Trek/Star Wars over and over again  :D

jedijeff

I got this set for Christmas, but had waited to watch until I got an HD player. I picked up a HD player yesterday, and watched an episode last night, and it looked fantastic. Looking forward to more, and seeing all the extras as well.