Marvel Comics Online

Started by Geekyfanboy, November 14, 2007, 10:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Marvel Comics Offers Digital Archive Subscriptions

From MacWorld (http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/11/13/marvel/index.php?lsrc=mcrss)

Marvel Comics offers digital archive subscriptions
By Peter Cohen

Marvel Comics on Tuesday announce the launch of Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited(http://www.marvel.com/digitalcomics). The new service is Mac and PC compatible and is priced starting at $4.99 per month. Users can also check out 250 free samples.

The service provides users with access to classics like the first issues of The Amazing Spider-Man, The X-Men, Incredible Hulk, Fantastic Four and others, along with newer likes like New Avengers and Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. Marvel counts 2,500 comic books at launch, and plans to add at least 20 additional titles weekly.

Each digital comic has been remastered for distribution online, according to Marvel. The company has re-colored an re-digitized select content.

Unlike a music-based service that lets you download content, Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited is all online. All you need to access the content, beside a subscription, is a Web browser with Adobe Flash Player 6.0 or higher installed.

Users can search the site by character, writer, illustrator, book title, mini-series or date of publication. They can also provide feedback and ratings for other readers, and build personal reading lists that can be shared with other members.

Duffster

Hmm... this sounds very intriguing! I am going to check this out.

Thanks Kenny!

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Rico

I'd definitely bite at looking at older issues or newer ones online for a reasonable fee.  Sounds great!

PepperDude

Finally paid attention to this post. This is very cool indeed.

Jobydrone

Seems like the selection is pretty limited so far.  It's a great idea though, and once the entire Marvel archive is up and available I'd be signing up.  I don't like the fact that you don't have access to complete runs and series. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx