• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Star Wars:Death Star reading schedule

Started by Duffster, November 14, 2007, 05:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffster

A previous post suggested a schedule of 100 pages, more or less depening on the chapter per week. Is this a schedule everyone likes???  If so, for this book the schedule would be chapters 1-18 for the first week.

What's everyones feelings, too little, too much...just right??

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Rico

I think that sounds about right.  One suggestion.  I'm not sure who has the book yet and when most will be ready to start.  Might I suggest next week before the Thanksgiving holiday or so to start?  It might be a good time (at least for those in the US) to get some reading in.  I ordered my copy off Amazon and probably will have it early next week.

billybob476

That sounds reasonable to me. Thing is if we see that few of us can make it, we can adjust. This book is going to be a bit of an experiment I think. Another thing I know they do in the SWAN book club is they have 2 discussion threads per book, one with spoilers and one without.

fanboy99

I guess it is good that I ride the train to work everyday.  It will give me some good reading time.

markinro

Quote from: Rico on November 14, 2007, 05:10:18 AM
I think that sounds about right.  One suggestion.  I'm not sure who has the book yet and when most will be ready to start.  Might I suggest next week before the Thanksgiving holiday or so to start?  It might be a good time (at least for those in the US) to get some reading in.  I ordered my copy off Amazon and probably will have it early next week.

Sounds good.  I don't think the family will mind if I bring the book to the dinner table.  They pretty much ignore me anyway :)

billybob476

Quote from: markinro on November 14, 2007, 06:14:33 AM
Quote from: Rico on November 14, 2007, 05:10:18 AM

Sounds good.  I don't think the family will mind if I bring the book to the dinner table.  They pretty much ignore me anyway :)

Just try not to spill anything on it.

Duffster

I totally agree with waiting for next week to start, we can then start the discussion the following week.

Duffster
www.thehugonaut.com

billybob476

So we're looking at chapters 1-18 (inclusive) for the 26th of November?

Duffster

Doesn't look like there were any objections, so I would say that's the plan.

Duffster
www.thehugonaut.com

markinro

Rico, can you add the reading schedule to the site/forum header ?

jedijeff

I am not sure when we are to Start, I have read the first two chapters so far. Let me know when the official Start is :)