• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Attic of my Mind # 3 is up

Started by Rico, November 10, 2007, 01:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Just put up the third show in this series.  Recorded a couple of days ago on my birthday. 

Direct link:

http://www.atticofmymind.com/podcasts/Attic_of_my_Mind_3_To_Mac_Or_Not.mp3

jedijeff

Cool Podcast Rico, I know I have been fighting the same temptation for quite some time with the iMacs. It would be very cool to have one, but I think I would still use my PC more as I am more familiar with it. I have a Macmini which I use to play around with and it is fun, but I am not sure if I would ever use an iMac enough to justify the cost. My Uncle has one and it is so very nice.
I really like your adhoc podcasts, they are so cool. I liked that outro song as well, will have to look that one up.

Rico

Glad you liked it.  I'm still getting used to the portable recorder I got.  The outro song is very, very cool by a group called "Tegan & Sara."  Let me know if you have trouble finding the song (called:  Back in your head)

space_invader64

Rico, final cut express the best editing program on earth when you get in imac.

And since you have kids in college, I would say you are entitled to use an education discount and that will take off a lot.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-780-5009/WebObjects/EducationIndividual.woa/9654005/wa/PSLID?mco=7E4FA1DC&nplm=MA261Z/A&wosid=hM7wdHWhJNNk2amMRpv15UJC112

Rico

Yeah - one of the reasons I want to get the Mac.  Hopefully sometime in the next couple of months.

KingIsaacLinksr

I was listening to your latest podcast of Attic of My Mind and I realized something.  We are, in a sense, listening to what you think about everyday.  (Or every week)  and I began wondering....is this a good thing?? 

LOL LOL

I'm just messing with you Rico.  They are cool.  ;) 

I can't complain.

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

billybob476

You should subtitle this podcast "Diary of a Chemist". Liking this show a lot.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: billybob476 on November 12, 2007, 12:35:08 PM
You should subtitle this podcast "Diary of a Chemist". Liking this show a lot.

/agree

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Yeah, but then I would have to talk about the difference between covalent and ionic bonding or how to turn yourself into a superhero by a tragic lab accident.  ;)

billybob476

*blink* *blink*

I took organic chemistry I in college...then I went into computer science. And you don't need to BE a chemist to turn into a superhero, you just need to KNOW a chemist and be left alone in his lab unsupervised...Rico can I come visit you at work?

Geekyfanboy

Just listened to number 3.. bummed that you didn't get a Mac.

I'm a PC guy.. have been all my computer life until I started working in TV and Mac's are mostly used in the Entertainment business. But still I used a PC at home. This past March I bought my partner a iMac for his birthday and I have to say that it's the coolest, easiest to use computer that I have ever used. I now want an iMac of my very own. I'm sure I'll get one next year. I'll still keep my PC but the iMac and Mac in general is so much more people friendly.

BTW.. great outro song. I was going to ask who they were but I see that you already said in a previous post.. now it's time to see if I can find more songs by them.

Loving the new podcasts.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on November 10, 2007, 02:55:27 PM
The outro song is very, very cool by a group called "Tegan & Sara."  Let me know if you have trouble finding the song (called:  Back in your head)

Here's the video.. they are very cool group.

Rico

Don't worry Kenny.  I will be getting a Mac.  I'd say within the next couple of months.  Just not the best time now with the holidays and everything so I'm holding off for now.  But I'm very close!

P.S.  Great video.  Really like their sound.  Are they twins?

Bryancd

How can you NOT get an iMAc?! Boot Camp! Run all your PC applications, no problem AND have the superior Leopard OS with all the great bells and whistles for your audio editing. To turn a Star Trek phrase, "It's the Best of Both Worlds!"

Fun little podcast, by the way . :)

opps, just saw your new post...GOOD FOR YOU!!!  :cheering

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on November 15, 2007, 11:42:39 AM

P.S.  Great video.  Really like their sound.  Are they twins?

Yeah I know they are sisters and videos they look identical but in others.. they don't.

EDIT... just went to their website http://www.teganandsara.com/

They are Twins.. born eight minutes apart.