V : The Second Generation

Started by Geekyfanboy, November 09, 2007, 02:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

I am so excited about this book.. I've been waiting 17 years for more V. What is great about novel is that it is written by the creator of V, Kenneth Johnson. The bad thing about this novel is it takes place after the original miniseries and will not take into account all the stuff that happened in the second mini series or weekly TV series. But I'm still very excited to get this.

It comes out on Dec. 10, 2007

BTW.. they are making this into a mini series also.. should be out late 2008 if everything goes as planned.

Here's a brief synopsis.

Millions thrilled to Kenneth Johnson's hugely popular miniseries "V," an action filled drama of alien invasion, a TV event that was also a number one bestselling novel. Now, in a new novel based on the sequel miniseries currently being developed for TV, the tension between The Visitors and Earth's human inhabitants has reached a boiling point.

The reptilian Visitors, who cleverly portray themselves as Earth's protectors, are anything but. Our oceans are being drained in order to fuel the aliens' motherships, and our scientists are treated like wanted criminals. And they have pods of preserved humans destined for even more sinister purposes.

But hope is not lost. A small, yet resourceful Resistance risks everything to undermine the Visitors' stranglehold on Earth's people. Despite their heroic efforts, without more help they will be crushed by the Visitors and their human militia. Just when Earth's doom seems inevitable, agents of an alien civilization from another planet arrive in answer to humanity's desperate call for help. But can these other aliens be trusted? Or might we defeat one alien overlord, only to be delivered into the hands of another, equally as oppressive?

Time is running out for the Resistance, for when the Visitors' Leader arrives, the aliens will complete their mission on Earth, with devastating consequences for all life on the planet.

Blackride

I will give it a read. I liked the series when I was a kid. Watching it now makes me laugh at times but the core story is still good!
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Jen

Totally COOL! I can't wait!!!!

I organized the entire playground in third grade into the aliens and the resistance. The kids playing the resistance brought powdered red koolaid. As you may recall, the humans used a red dust to stop the aliens. I was the wicked Diana and I had half the playground under my command. That's hard to believe isn't it?
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

iceman

Darth Gaos

Quote from: Jen on November 09, 2007, 06:07:16 PM
Totally COOL! I can't wait!!!!

I organized the entire playground in third grade into the aliens and the resistance. The kids playing the resistance brought powdered red coolaid. As you may recall, the humans used a red dust to stop the aliens. I was the wicked Diana and I had half the playground under my command. That's hard to believe isn't it?

You didn't bite the head off of one of your "minions" pet birds did ya? :)

I still love this mini-series and and am torn about whether or not I want to read the book if the new mini-series is coming to TV.   What to do....what to do.....
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Geekyfanboy

well the mini series is still in the planning stages and is by no means a done deal.. you're looking at at least a year or more before it's shot.. if it's ever shot.

I'm going with the book.. books are always better then the movies. :)

Geekyfanboy

Well the release date is up in the air now.. I've checked out four different places that are selling them and they all have different dates.. from 11/30/07 to 01/22/08 and when you go to Kenneth Johnson's official site he says there are some internal problems with the book company and the book has been delayed but they don't know for how long.. so I'll keep everyone posted if a date is announced.

Blackride

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on December 01, 2007, 06:41:42 PM

I'm going with the book.. books are always better then the movies. :)

Boy, ain't that the truth! Give me a good book over a movie any day.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Geekyfanboy

Well it has been officially announced V : The Second Generation will be released on Feb 5th 2008. This is from Kenneth Johnson (creator, writer) official site.

So yay finally a release date.

Geekyfanboy

Just a reminder this comes out tomorrow... I'll be picking mine up at lunch time!!!! Finally after 23 years.. more V

Darth Gaos

Was the first book called "V" or was it called something else?  I seem to remember reading a book my Mom gave me as a teen called "The Visitors" or "Visitors" and I thought that the plotline was the same....is it?  Or did read something else and am confusing the two?  I thought "(The) Visitors" had the picture of numerous briick shape spacecraft on the cover....man I wish I could remember exactly.

Geekyfanboy

Nope.. it's always been just "V"

Here's the cover

Darth Gaos

Huh....Thanks Kenny....I may have to pick it up and read it...then get the next one as well.

Geekyfanboy

Well there are quite a few V novels and this novel only takes into account the first four hours of the 10 hour miniseries. The first show was called V The Original the Second 6 hour miniseries was V the Final Battle then there was a 19 episode TV series. The also did about 10 or so paperbacks and 18 comic books all based on V.

This novel picks up at the end of V the original and pretends that none of the other stuff happened.

It's going to be hard to forget everything that came after but I'm looking forward to more the story.