News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

What do you guys think of Brannon Braga

Started by space_invader64, November 08, 2007, 09:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

space_invader64

Ktrek

I think he has written some good episodes but he has also written some real clunkers. Overall I would say he's an OK writer.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

space_invader64

I know he is one of the most hated people in Scifi.

jedijeff

I think he came up with some real cool episodes when he started out. But I think over time everyone got used to his stories and how they went, so they lost their effect. Over all I think he is a good writer, and I enjoyed Trek all the way up to the end of Enterprise (well except for that last episode)

space_invader64

I often say that voyager's saving grace was it's writing.  The TNG cast could improve a clunker of an episode on the strength of the characters, but Voyager didn't seem to have that luxury.  If the story was crap.  The episode couldn't make it.  And I think that Braga is to thank for it staying on 7 seasons.

Ktrek

I think Braga was part of the problem with Voyager and why it stumbled a lot in what could have been a great show. Instead it was a mediocre show. And for sure he was a major problem in Enterprise. If B&B had been willing to release writing control over to better writers early on I think we would have seen at least five seasons of ENT and possibly seven.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine