• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Which book should we pick for the first Treks in SciFi book club selection?

Started by Duffster, November 06, 2007, 03:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which book should we pick for the first Treks in SciFi book club selection?

Star Wars: Death Star
4 (40%)
Star Trek: Imzadi
2 (20%)
Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
3 (30%)
Star Trek: Federation
1 (10%)
Star Wars: Allegiance
0 (0%)
Star Trek:Enterprise
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Duffster

Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

jedijeff

wraith1701

I picked one of the two on the list that I haven't read yet, but I'm happy with all of the choices.  :)

I'm looking forward to reading (or re-reading) whichever one is selected.  Cant' wait to see which one it will be! ;D

Ktrek

I'm not sure that the Star Trek Enterprise (1986) and Federation (1994) are even still in print. I would think that if they are not I suppose used copies could be easily obtained or borrowed from a library.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

markinro

Rico

I think it's pretty important that the book choices are easily available.

markinro

Duffster

I agree the books we pick should be fairly easy to get, but these days with Amazon resellers, and half.com and all the other resources, I have been able to find about any older book I am looking for, pretty cheap. I just threw Enterprise up there because it's one of my favorites, we can stick to more recent in print books.

Markinro, we are still working out the specifics, but it will probably go something like this. Once we decide on a book, we will divide the book sections, a few chapters to read each week. As each week goes by we will discuss the chapters we have read.

Duffster
www.thehugonaut.com

billybob476

Another thing is nothing stops you from falling behind one week or reading ahead another. Just if you're behind don't go into the discussion thread until you catch up and if you're ahead don't spoil!

markinro

i
Quote from: billybob476 on November 07, 2007, 06:06:28 AM
Another thing is nothing stops you from falling behind one week or reading ahead another. Just if you're behind don't go into the discussion thread until you catch up and if you're ahead don't spoil!

Rico knows how I like to get ahead.  Are these intro books or do I need to know what Hans Solo eats for breakfast ?

billybob476

He eats C3P0's of course!

Seriously though. the books in the list above are more stand alone. You could get into them without much background knowledge of the Expanded Universe.

Duffster

Well lets close the poll down tomorrow at 1:00 est. If you haven't voted and want to, now is your chance.

Duffster
www.thehugonaut.com

Duffster

Well the votes are in. The Treks in Sci-fi book clubs first book will be Star Wars: Death Star  by Michael Reaves  and Steve Perry.

Everyone that wants to join in on the fun, get out there and get a copy of this book. I plan on picking it up this weekend. Once I get it, I will post a tentative weekly reading schedule, and we will go from there.

p.s. Jen... quite reading it !!

Duffster
www.thehugonaut.com

Jen

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

markinro

How far did you get ?   Can you make me some Cliff notes ?  :dstar