Star Wars: Vault

Started by billybob476, November 06, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

So I just got this "book" in from Amazon. I put book in quotes becuase it is so much more then just a simple book. It is simply huge. It barely fits on my bookshelf and comes in a protective (and very sturdy-feeling) cardboard case. It was somewhat expensive (60 CAD) but it was so worth it if you are into Star Wars at all.

It goes over 30 years of collecting and is chock full of images and reproductions of cool memorabilia. Some highlights include copies of typewritten invitations to Star Wars crew and preview screenings, postcards, a pop out landspeeder from a fast food restaurant deal, images of posters, tons of info. There are also what appear to be exact reproductions of story treatments by George Lucas for some of the movies dated and in his own handwriting. They went to the point of putting paper clip rust stains on the top corner of the pages! Very fun stuff.

My wife is not really into memorabilia like this but she went through it page by page with me completely impressed.

I HIGHLY recommend this book if you are into Star Wars or collecting or movie memorabilia in any way shape or form.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Vault-Treasures-Memorabilia/dp/0061257311/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-3771310-6386557?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194355668&sr=8-1

Rico

Definitely on my Christmas list!  Sounds like a very cool item.  Arnie and Marjorie over on Star Wars Action News have been talking about and to Steve Sansweet one of the guys that put it together.

billybob476

Yeah, I blame them for making me order it halfway through listening to that podcast.

Geekyfanboy

wow..that looks great.. thanks for posting it Billybob. This is going on my Christmas list as well.

jedijeff

This one is going on My Christmas list as well

fanboy99

My wife picked this up for me at a Book Fair.  It is a great book, but I have one problem with mine.  There is a cheaper Book Fair version out there without the Cd's or the slip cover.  That is the one that my wife got me.  She was not happy when she found out that was the version she got me.  It is still a really nice version with all the inserts in the book.  Just wish I had a copy of the Cd's that came with it. 

wraith1701

The regular version comes with CDs?  That's pretty cool.  8)

Are they music CD's, interviews, or what?

Bryancd

My wife got it for me for Christmas. I am just starting to get into it now, but it is awesome! Even has 2 audio CD's of old interviews, the making of the radio drama. I'll post pics in a few days!

Rico

Yep, it's a great book.  I got it as well.  One of the coolest Star Wars books out now - or ever.

Bryancd

I am so using the iron on transfer to put on a T-shirt! This an the recent Making of Star Wars book are must haves.

billybob476

I've had it for awhile, super great book, I want to put everything together and use the iron ons but then they'd be gone! I need another copy to keep mint!

jedijeff

I got the Vault for Christmas as well, big and heavy. Cool book

Geekyfanboy

What is Star Wars Vault.. I mean what does it cover?

Rico

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on January 05, 2008, 11:05:56 PM
What is Star Wars Vault.. I mean what does it cover?

Basically it's little bits of "Star Wars" stuff from over the years.  But items reproduced from what was origianlly made.  Like hand script notes by Lucas, little posters, iron-ons, ads, etc.  Some very unique and interesting stuff Kenny.  It's a very cool item and a must for all "Star Wars" fans.

Blackride

It's a really nice item. I would suggest anyone who does not have the original stuff to buy this. Even if you have the originals this is still a nice item.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.