• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Something bothered me at church yesterday.

Started by space_invader64, November 05, 2007, 08:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markinro

I heard it this morning - people are becoming way too thin-skinned.  Now we have beanpole Santas who can't say hoe, hoe, hoe around the kiddies.  Maybe they can say tramp, tramp, tramp.
:D

space_invader64

I think if people see a santa claus and he says ho ho ho and you think something dirty, you have major problems to begin with.

Jen

You ain't kidding. Sheesh.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: space_invader64 on November 15, 2007, 06:38:57 PM
I think if people see a santa claus and he says ho ho ho and you think something dirty, you have major problems to begin with.

/agreed.  Geez, we might as well start banning Jabba the Hutt from saying "Ho ho ho solo."  because obviously he is going to offend all the women...not to mention the princess Leia thing....;)

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

PepperDude

I think that Changing Christian songs, history textbooks, Cookie Monster's diet, Santa Claus' appearance and trademark greeting is ridiculous. I wish the PC police would stop their silliness which only creates controversy.

markinro

Quote from: Kinglinksr on November 15, 2007, 11:41:41 PM

/agreed.  Geez, we might as well start banning Jabba the Hutt from saying "Ho ho ho solo."  because obviously he is going to offend all the women...not to mention the princess Leia thing....;)

King Linksr

Jabba says ho, ho, ho ?   I thought he was just hungry for some ho-ho's.   Uh-oh, looks like they will have to change the name of those as well.   Anyone have some suggestions ?

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: markinro on November 18, 2007, 04:08:13 PM
Quote from: Kinglinksr on November 15, 2007, 11:41:41 PM

King Linksr

Jabba says ho, ho, ho ?   I thought he was just hungry for some ho-ho's.   Uh-oh, looks like they will have to change the name of those as well.   Anyone have some suggestions ?

How about who-whos?

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

markinro

Hmmmmm...Westaff is the company who gave the warning.  They have an office here in Michigan.  I'm tempted to add them to my christmas list.

alanp