• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Battlestar Galactica

Started by brazilianjiujitsu1979, October 31, 2007, 06:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brazilianjiujitsu1979

Is it just me or is anyone else SAD that this is BSG last season.  BSG is the best show on TV (No Trek is on).  Shout out for BSG! :cylon

Rico

I know I will miss it when it's over but I can see the logic of ending it on a high note and not dragging it out.  I do think it hurt the show to move it to Sunday nights and also the very long gap between seasons is not helping either.  At least we have "Razor" next month to tide us over until April, 2008.

billybob476

April? I thought it was February?! However I heartily agree that I will miss this show a ton. We can only hope that Ron Moore and his team will come up with something equally as compelling once BSG leaves us.

Rico

Latest from scifi.com is April.  And with the impending writers strike, who knows.

Feathers

Sorry to reanimate a dead thread but...SciFi is starting a BSG run over here so I'm watching the mini-series. Sixteen minutes in...was that a FIREFLY class ship coming in to land???

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Serenity

You better believe it!!!  Its right when we are first introduced to Roslin.  I also heard that you can see the Enterprise in some background shots of the fleet.  I haven't seen it yet though.

Feathers

Yup. That was the scene I mean! I ran through it back and forth about three times to make sure I wasn't making it up.

Hey, I'm coming to this party late OK?

(Looks like Sky ran with it originally here and now SciFi have got re-run rights)

Serenity

Enjoy yourself!!!  I'm going through BSG withdrawal cause my wife lent our DVD set to her parents who live on the other side of the country! 
I'm yet to meet anyone that isn't hooked after watching the mini series.  Lets hope Caprica can live up to the legacy.

Bromptonboy

Ahhh, I am envious!  To see #6 again for the first time...

:)
Pete

Feathers

Frak!  :cylon

They've shown the mini-series but there's no sign of season 1 anywhere in the schedule. Time to ask to borrow the DVD sets from a friend I think!

ChadH

According to the latest adverts Caprica is coming to regular tv soon. Has anyone seen any of the episodes? If so, any opinions?

billybob476

Saw the first one on DVD. It was good. I'll give it a chance, can't say I was completely blown away but I was entertained.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: ChadH on December 02, 2009, 08:54:35 AM
According to the latest adverts Caprica is coming to regular tv soon. Has anyone seen any of the episodes? If so, any opinions?

I saw the DVD pilot of the series, and it looks pretty good.  The DVD was quite graphic (for US TV), so I imagine they will edit all the naughty bit outs (I am sad to report...).
This looks to be more of a drama than BSG - but it will still be worth watching I am sure.
Pete

robbo1510

BSG is showing on Sky2 in the UK! The episode I'm watching has Starbuck trying to escape from a moon using a crashed Cylon ship. Have I missed much?

Feathers

That's about episode 5 of season one.

The mini-series was on Sky One a few weeks ago but I hadn't realised they were following it up on Sky Two. I gave in and have watched season one already without waiting for Sky to catch up.