• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

If we ever get another TV show, what do we not want on it?

Started by space_invader64, October 26, 2007, 02:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

space_invader64

I personally don't want anymore "well Timmy" episodes.

KingIsaacLinksr

How about shows with an actual plot in it.  Not shows like Desperate Housewives or all the NBC shows or Ugly Betty.  I'm going to be frank, Desperate Housewives went from a good show to a daily REAL LIFE scandal show.....just terrible.  Hope I didn't step on nerves with this post :( 

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

KingIsaacLinksr

Wait, are we talking about Star Trek or general tv shows?

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

space_invader64

Yes, I was refering to if we ever get another Star Trek show to take off on Telivision.

The "Well, Timmy" is a point of  the TV show where they tell Timmy the moral of the story.  I saw enought of those in TNG.

Rico

I'd prefer something completely new and fresh if they do another TREK series someday.  Set in a new time frame I think.

markinro

The episode of TNG with the 3 junior members fresh out of starfleet.  I thought they were going to spinoff into a show about the academy.  I think that would have potential.

PepperDude

Ktrek

Quote from: Rico on October 26, 2007, 05:13:49 PM
I'd prefer something completely new and fresh if they do another TREK series someday.  Set in a new time frame I think.

I agree with Rico but I would say it not only needs to be "fresh" but also "familiar" because it's it isn't familiar than it will be something "other" than Star Trek.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

space_invader64

Whatever they do, I would like it to be after Nemesis on the Star Trek Time line.  I would prefer to bring back Frakes and have a Star Trek Titen show.  If not that then I think Geordi would make a wonderful captain.