• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

New Star Wars TV Show

Started by spidey27, October 17, 2007, 05:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spidey27

George Lucas has started work on making a new TV series based on the Star Wars movies.

The mastermind behind the epic films will be in charge of the live-action TV series, but he has warned fans that although it's based in the Star Wars galaxy, none of the main characters will be in the TV version.

Lucas revealed: "The Skywalkers aren't in it, and it's about minor characters. It has nothing to do with Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader or any of those people. It's completely different. But it's a good idea, and it's going to be a lot of fun to do."

The filmmaker already has a computer-animated TV series called Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and has produced comics, novels and games based on the main characters of the films.  :spidey

Geekyfanboy

I think this is so funny that this is making the news rounds now.. we have know about this for quite some time.

Jen

Yep, been waiting with eager anticipation for any new updates for a long time. Listen to The Force Cast Podcast for the latest news. So far we know Lucas is talking with Disney about redoing the Star Wars section of Disney World. The rumor wheel has kicked out the theory that the Disney Channel will be where the show will end up...though it's still all in the air and absolutely nothing is concrete.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

jedijeff

I saw this story the other day, and was a bit disappointed when I read it, as like Kenny said, this has been around for sometime. Nothing new revealed. Hopefully 2008 will have more details.

Rico

I think the story got kicked up again since Lucas is now actually moving forward with some work on it.  He is looking for writers and so forth.  So that got the series some new attention.

Jen

Quote from: Rico on October 18, 2007, 03:31:44 PM
I think the story got kicked up again since Lucas is now actually moving forward with some work on it.  He is looking for writers and so forth.  So that got the series some new attention.

I heard he had a meeting with some of the BSG writers. Anyone else hear that? Course, its probably a rumor.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

jedijeff

That would be cool if he did meet with the BSG writer. I guess after this season of BSG, they will have time on their hands.