• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

What's your Alma Mater?

Started by Jen, October 01, 2007, 08:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

I thought since several members (Rico and Markinro) have mentioned their fondness for certain college football teams...I would ask everyone...Where did you go to school? I know not everyone goes to college, and that's OK. If you didn't go, tell us where you went to high school.  :)

I went to Texas State University—got a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree. My husband proposed to me on the steps of my dorm with all the girls on my floor hanging out the windows watching.  :D

Good memories were made at my alma mater.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

I went to California State University Fullerton. I have a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication with an emphasis on Television, Radio and Film Production.

Blackride

Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Rico

Cool idea Jen.  I'm not really a big football fan, but since I went to MSU and so did my friend on the forums here markinro I have to support my team!  Especially since I met my wife Lynn there and our oldest son is going there now too.   I spent a lot of time walking those paths between classes.  Beautiful campus!  :msu

billybob476

Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec. Go Stingers! Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Systems concentration.

Really fun school, right in the heart of downtown Montreal. I spent most of my time at the downtown campus, however there is another campus a bit west of downtown where more of the pure sciences and fine arts hung out. That campus had a lot of older buildings and green space. Also where the football field was. The fun thing about being right downtown was I could (and frequestly did!) hit the bar on my long breaks.

Also being a Quebec resident and going to school in Quebec made my 4 year bachelor's degree cost about 1000-1500 dollars/semester. No student loans here!

The IC

Wisconsin

My wife went to the University of Tennessee

I fear what will happen in our house if they ever play each other in a bowl game.

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

University of California Santa Cruz.
Bachelor of Arts in writing.
Currently in the MFA creative writing program at Emerson College in Boston.

Bryancd

Tufts University, lovely Medford, MA! Going to shchool in Boston was THE BEST!

moyer777

Wow, OK,

Grays Harbor College, Aberdeen WA- Communications and Media
Heritage International School of Ministry

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

wraith1701

University of Texas at Austin.

Hook 'em, Horns! :metallica:

Jen

Quote from: wraith1701 on October 09, 2007, 04:14:34 PM
University of Texas at Austin.

Hook 'em, Horns! :metallica:

Hi-ya neighbor (school neighbor). As you know, TSU is right down the the road from UT.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

billybob476

Never having gone to school in the US, can someone explain to me the difference between state schools and "non state" schools?

Blackride

Quote from: billybob476 on October 10, 2007, 10:47:28 AM
Never having gone to school in the US, can someone explain to me the difference between state schools and "non state" schools?

It's defined on how it's funded. So State schools can't get state funding while private schools can not. It's also on how they file as either for profit or non-profit.

That is kina the short version of it :)
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: billybob476 on October 10, 2007, 10:47:28 AM

Also State Schools normally have lower fees, since they are somewhat funded by the state.

KingIsaacLinksr

I'm going to Oregon Institute of Technology for a degree in Computer Engineering.  "Hustling Owls". Freshman of course. (This is just for everyone that didn't know.)

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr