• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

'Ello!

Started by Akitu, September 27, 2007, 06:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akitu

Hi all!

I just recently stumbled across the podcast and made my way over to these boards not long after.

I've been a huge Star Trek and all things Sci-Fi most of my life - much to the chagrin of my friends. I inadvertently watched an episode of TNG when a babysitter of mine turned it on to watch one night. After that, in typical Trekkie fashion, I was hooked. My favorite series is Voyager. I suspect it's because I thought Captain Janeway hung the moon and the stars in the sky.

I'm really into Star Trek and Star Wars literature and own nearly every book published in that universe. I'm also a huge fantasy geek and am currently making my way through George R.R. Martin's series starting with "A Game of Thrones." If you like high fantasy novels and haven't given him a try, I highly recommend doing so.

I enjoy politics, jazz, coffee, crying over Firefly, playing video games obsessively and reading a really good book. I dip my toes into nearly every fandom so I always have a lot to talk about and can easily scare people with my extensive geek knowledge. I'm also always looking for my next fix so I'm eager for new recommendations.

Rico

Welcome to the fun!  I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

Jen

Welcome aboard! Glad to have another fellow SW EU reader in our midst.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

iceman

Geekyfanboy

Yay... another Voyager lover and Firefly as well.. sounds like you'll fit right in here.

Welcome...

jedijeff

Welcome to the Boards

Blackride

Welcome to the boards!
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

moyer777

cool.  Welcome!

I hope you enjoy it here!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

billybob476

Welcome to our merry band!