• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Big Bang Theory

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 25, 2007, 08:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillEagle

[spoiler]They need to get the comic shop back! [/spoiler]

Bromptonboy

I agree about the comic book shop.
[spoiler]I am thinking Stuart was having some issues with competition any ways - I seem to recall an episode where another store opened up near by?  This new job could give him a more prominent role as the other characters start settling down. [/spoiler]
Pete

sheldor

[spoiler]What I've been "hearing" - Stewart will be added as a series regular and be Sheldon's new roommate.  Leonard and Penny will likely move into her place[/spoiler]

Is it official that next season will be the last?

Bromptonboy

Quote from: sheldor on May 17, 2014, 08:07:00 PM
[spoiler]What I've been "hearing" - Stewart will be added as a series regular and be Sheldon's new roommate.  Leonard and Penny will likely move into her place[/spoiler]

Is it official that next season will be the last?
I thought they were renewed for 2 more seasons - but I am not sure.

Regarding the spoiler tag:
[spoiler]That makes a lot of sense - and could freshen the show up as things settle down.  Not sure how Sheldon will dodge having Amy move in!  :)  I imagine the next big twist will be one of the couples having a baby.[/spoiler]
Pete

Rico

It was announced a few months back that they were renewed for 3 more seasons, which will make a total of 10 years of geeky goodness!

https://variety.com/2014/tv/news/cbs-sets-mega-3-season-renewal-for-the-big-bang-theory-1201129964/

Bromptonboy

Cool - they still have plenty of play left in this show and the characters.  Things I want to see before the show ends:

One of the couples having a kid.

Amy and Sheldon...you know what...

The biggest one of all...I want to get a look at Mrs. Wollowitz..  :)
Pete

Bromptonboy

Oh, and one other - I want to see Michio Kaku do a guest appearance.
Pete

Bromptonboy

Good article about BBT:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2656827/Mayim-Bialik-I-never-seen-The-Big-Bang-Theory-I-wasnt-TV-watcher.html

'I had never seen The Big Bang Theory, I wasn't a TV watcher,' admits Mayim Bialik as she opens up about why she returned to Hollywood after long hiatus
By JENNA GOOD
PUBLISHED: 21:12 EST, 12 June 2014 | UPDATED: 05:52 EST, 13 June 2014
    7 shares 30View
comments
As the star of Blossom, she was one of the biggest stars of Nineties TV.
But today Mayim Bialik revealed that after starring in the show, she not only stopped working in the TV industry - she stopped watching television altogether.
Speaking to Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O on KIIS FM 1065, Mayim, 38, who is currently starring in hit TV show The Big Bang Theory, said she had no idea how big the show was when she landed the role of Dr Amy Farrah Fowler.
Too busy for TV: Mayim Bialik told Kyle and Jackie O she didn't have time for television before she landed her role on The Big Bang Theory
+4
Too busy for TV: Mayim Bialik told Kyle and Jackie O she didn't have time for television before she landed her role on The Big Bang Theory
Mayim told the Sydney radio station: 'I had never seen the show, I wasn't a TV watcher so I hadn't seen it.

More...
'Tan time!' Kim Kardashian reveals her flat stomach in TWO sizzling bikini selfies as she honeymoons in Mexico with Kanye
PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Model Lara Bingle shares tender kisses with her actor boyfriend Sam Worthington as they snuggle up lovingly on sun-drenched holiday in Italy
'I didn't realise it was this super big deal.'
And when Kyle asked her how she managed to not watch television, she added: 'I had two young children I was busy doing mum things.'
Big role: Mayim is currently starring in The Big Bang Theory as  Dr Amy Farrah Fowler, alongside Jim Parsons (pictured) who plays Sheldon Cooper
+4
Big role: Mayim is currently starring in The Big Bang Theory as Dr Amy Farrah Fowler, alongside Jim Parsons (pictured) who plays Sheldon Cooper
The actress was away from the industry for 12 years after playing Blossom from 1990 to 1994 but  decided to get back into acting after training to be a Neuroscientist, for financial reasons.
She said: 'I needed health insurance.
'I had two small kids and I hadn't really acted as an adult. I had done it when I was younger and I figured actors are never employed so I could see my kids all the time.'
Mother: Mayim, pictured here with her two children Miles and Fred, is a big advocate of attachment parenting
+4
Mother: Mayim, pictured here with her two children Miles and Fred, is a big advocate of attachment parenting
Mayim joked that she also thought about her age and decided to pursue the career while she was still young enough saying: 'If you get grey hairs they put you in the dungeon.'
Mum of two boys - Miles, eight, and Fred, five, is an outspoken advocate of attachment parenting and told the radio presenters: 'There a nice attachment parenting community in Australia.
'I safely slept with both of my boys, I've never owned a crib. We had two giant mattresses on the floor it was a bit musical beds.'
Back in the day: Mayim was a huge TV in the nineties when she starred in Blossom
+4
Back in the day: Mayim was a huge TV in the nineties when she starred in Blossom
Mayim split from her husband Michael Stone in 2013.
Last year she told ABC News: 'Divorce is not fun and I don't recommend it, but kids are absolutely resilient and they are also very sensitive and complicated little people.'
'So, it's been a summer of adjustment, but I'm happy to report they are doing really well.'
She went on to say that her ex-husband was coping well and that they were successfully co-parenting.
'Their dad is doing well and we communicate really well,' she added.
Mayim and Michael were married for nine years before she announced their divorce in November 2012.
Pete

Bromptonboy

A season 8 spoiler.  The link has some potential spoiler info - so I will place it in a spoiler tag:
[spoiler]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2704267/Big-Bang-Theorys-girl-door-acting-steady-9-5-job-upcoming-season-megapopular-show.html[/spoiler]
Pete

Bromptonboy

Anyone else watch tonight?  Thoughts?
Pete

Rico

Quote from: Bromptonboy on September 22, 2014, 06:57:55 PM
Anyone else watch tonight?  Thoughts?

Yep - watched them both and enjoyed them quite a bit.

Bromptonboy

I liked them as well.  Great getting 2 shows. I am always concerned at the beginning of each new season for a show - but I am still liking BBT.  Penny still looks great.
Pete

sheldor

Amy was my favorite storyline.

Bromptonboy

How is everyone liking the new season?  We just watched last week's show on Sunday - and look forward to a new one tonight.

I like the story line around Stuart:[spoiler]It is too funny how Howard is getting jealous of the time Stuart spends with Mrs. Wolowitz.[/spoiler]

Regarding the Penny & Raj's girlfriend story: [spoiler]The tension between then could be a lot of fun - as poor Raj learns to deal with that conflict.[/spoiler]

Amy seems to be getting back to her character's basics: [spoiler]Her girl-crush on Penny is back in full swing, and had seemed to wane a bit last season - as her character became more 'mainstream'[/spoiler]
Pete

Rico

Fun season so far but still it's weird having the series on Monday (glad it's moving back to Thursday soon).  This week's episode about the trip to Vegas for the girls and the guys working on trying to invent something was a great episode!