Boba Fett helmet up on Master Replicas

Started by Tatooine_Todd, August 28, 2007, 06:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatooine_Todd

Master Replicas site has the Fett 1:1 helemt listed, both the LE and SE.  LE will run $449 and the SE $549.  Can't order them yet, but they appear to be a go.  Winter 07 as release.

From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto or might be if I start having a motto.

jedijeff

I would really like to Order this, but just cant bring myself I guess for two reasons.
1. Will get released in December, and with Christmas, just cant afford an expenditure at that time.
2. This looks like a complicated Helmet to get right, and I worry that they rush to get it completed, and the Factory in China does a less then stellar job to meet deadlines.

I am hoping it comes out great, and will keep my eye on it in hopes it does not sell out and I can get one next year.

Rico

Never been a real big Boba fan.  So I'm letting this one pass me by.  Still want to see my Stormtrooper helmet and Gree helmet.  Master Replicas has a huge number of items to start shipping before the end of 2007.  They have canceled the X-Wing, I'm guessing other things get dropped as well.  I actually think the Gree helmet might get dropped.  Just a feeling I have.

Tatooine_Todd

I think I may hunt down a good fan made Boba helmet.  There are some incrtedible items out and about.
From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto or might be if I start having a motto.

jedijeff

Will be very interesting to see what Master Replicas is able to complete by the end of the year. I see your point on Gree, in that it is a low run, so they could pass it over for something with a higher edition size that would generate more money. I hope that is not the case, as the Helmet looks so good. Would be interesting to know how far a long they are in the process of producing some of the items. I would guess at some point in time, if they had not started, they could pull the plug on a production run of a product if they felt they had no realistic chance of completing by the cut off date. I guess they would not want to pay for time and materiel's for product they could not contractually sell.
It pains me a bit not to get the Boba Fett Helmet, but probably the best for me to pass at this time, and see what the future holds.

Rico

There's always eBay in the future for anything you miss Jeff.  From what I have heard they have to actually start shipping any Star Wars item before the end of the year but can finish off shipping it in 2008.  So they could possible make some initial small runs of some of these items just to meet that deadline and ship the rest in 2008.  They have done this quite often with past items.  Especially the helmet line.

Tatooine_Todd

Based on a pretty good review of an engineering prototype sent to Jez at StarWarsHelmets.com (he talked about it on The Replica Prop Forum), I pulled the trigger and pre-ordered an SE.  Got a great deal from an MR dealer, $490 shipped for an SE!!!  Couldn't pass it up.

jedijeff

Good For you Todd, when you receive it, please report back and let us know what your thoughts are.

Tatooine_Todd

Quote from: jedijeff on September 01, 2007, 06:57:14 AM
Good For you Todd, when you receive it, please report back and let us know what your thoughts are.

Count on it!