• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by Tatooine_Todd, August 26, 2007, 06:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatooine_Todd

Hey all,
I got an Apple I-Pod about 1 month ago and have been listening to Treks in Sci-Fi podcasts at work and love them.  They got me excited about props and collecting again.  I have been a member of the RPF since 2003, and a Sci-Fi fan for years.

I grew up in the late 60's and 70's, which meant Star Trek re-runs, Famous Monsters of Filmland, The Ghoul (horror host in Cleveland), Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, etc... However, the changing moment in my life was when I saw Star Wars for the first time in 1977. To that point I was a normal kid of the time, however, after Darth Vader walked thru the door of the Tantive IV I was changed forever.

I had a large collection, everything from Stormtrooper armor, all the MR sabers, screen-used stuff, etc..., but I foolishly, sold it all about a year ago. I am in the process of rebuilding and focusing my collection. The first item was a Master Replica Enterprise, and she's a beauty.

I am staying with Star Wars and Trek for now.

Thanks,
Todd
From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto or might be if I start having a motto.

Rico

Todd, glad to see another RPF'er here now too.  Sounds like we are of a similar era.  Collections can get out of hand sometimes.  I even feel that way at times.  But glad you snagged a MR Enterprise.  It's a great piece.  Welcome to the fun!  Feel free to post any pics of links of your collection in the collectible section.  Us collector's love to show our stuff off!

Tatooine_Todd

Quote from: Rico on August 26, 2007, 06:53:25 AM
Feel free to post any pics of links of your collection in the collectible section.  Us collector's love to show our stuff off!

I will definitely add some pics as my collection gets moving again.
From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto or might be if I start having a motto.

iceman

Geekyfanboy

Great to have you here Todd.. sounds like you'll fit right in. Enjoy the forums.

moyer777

Welcome to the forums Todd.  This is a very cool place.

Great to have you here!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

jedijeff

Welcome to the Forums Todd, Everyone here is a lot of fun and super nice.

davekill

Greetings Todd...glad you found the Forums

Jen

Hi Todd, welcome to the boards. :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

brazilianjiujitsu1979

KingIsaacLinksr

Welcome Todd!

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com