• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Anyone watching BBC's Jeckle???

Started by darthcooley, August 19, 2007, 02:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthcooley

Hay gays BBC has this new cool show Jeckle. It is a modern day Dr. Jeckle Mr. Hyde.Very Very cool!!!!

Geekyfanboy

I assume you meant.. Hey Guys... or is this series for us Gay folks? :)

darthcooley

opps Yeah I meant Guys... only a Typo I find that it is alittle hard to type with a 2 year old jumping on you

Geekyfanboy

:) I figured that much.. so have you seen the new series.. is it good? I may have to look for it on bit torrent.

Locutus

Admiral Piett: Impossible! Are calcs proves us otherwise.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

darthcooley

You should defintly check it out I think it is only a 4 part mini series but very cool.I watched the first episode & I was hooked.

Darth Gaos

Funny thing...I had seen a preview for Jekyll and thought it would be cool to watch.  Later the same day my wife and I were perusing the guide on Dish Network and she saw the listing for Jekyll and it confused the both of us because my wife then asked "What is Jeky 2?"  The way it was typeset on the TV, I'll be darned if it didn't look like "Jeky ll".   It took me looking at the channel (BBC) to realize it was Jekyll and not Jeky ll.  HEY we were both tired and my wife was sick so.....no laughing.

That said I forgot to DVR it....maybe I will catch a repeat.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Locutus

Quote from: Darth Gaos on August 23, 2007, 12:09:07 PM
Funny thing...I had seen a preview for Jekyll and thought it would be cool to watch.  Later the same day my wife and I were perusing the guide on Dish Network and she saw the listing for Jekyll and it confused the both of us because my wife then asked "What is Jeky 2?"  The way it was typeset on the TV, I'll be darned if it didn't look like "Jeky ll".   It took me looking at the channel (BBC) to realize it was Jekyll and not Jeky ll.  HEY we were both tired and my wife was sick so.....no laughing.

This is slightly off-topic for Jekyll, but on-topic for this post.

I was playing DnD, and the GM was describing the environment.
At one point, he said "The tavern has a huge wooden door and a barred window."
I sat for a couple of seconds, and then piped up. "Umm, how do you turn a Bard into a window?"

A moment of stunned silence alerted me to my error, and the laughter assured I'd think before opening my mouth again, at least for a month or so.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

I like Jekyll.
Admiral Piett: Impossible! Are calcs proves us otherwise.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

Geekyfanboy

Jekyll DVD Due In September

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=43514

BBC Video announced that it will release a DVD of Jekyll, a modern TV adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson's classic novella "Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde," on Sept. 18.

The miniseries, written by Steven Moffat (Doctor Who), premiered on BBC America on Aug. 4.

The miniseries stars James Nesbitt (Match Point) as Dr. Jackman, a contemporary man with an ancient curse.

This two-disc DVD set features more than five hours of content and bonus material, including the featurettes Jekyll: The Tale Retold and Jekyll: The Anatomy of a Scene and audio commentary. The DVD carries a suggested retail price of $29.98.

darthcooley

I finally watched the Season finally last night . I had it on the DVR for about a week now. Any way what way to end it.. This was a short series only 3 1 hour shows with a 2 hour ending. So if you didn't catch it you can easily finish up the first season. Great ending they answered some questions all while giving you some new ones.. Any way very cool buy the DVD or hit Bittorrent you won't be disappointed...