• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Greeting to everyone

Started by brazilianjiujitsu1979, August 16, 2007, 05:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brazilianjiujitsu1979

Hey guys, 

My name is Andy and I am new to the Forums.  I grew up watching Star Trek TNG and then went to Voyager, then DS9, then Enterprise.  I also like TOS some.  I like the New BSG a lot as well.  I think TNG is the best show ever put on the air.  I really love it. 
About me:
I am a professional MMA fighter with a 9-2 record (8-0 as an am).  I currently fight for BodogFight.
I am also the Chief Ref for the Georgia Athletic and Entertainment Commission for MMA. 
I am married to my wife, Sonja.  Sonja just last weekend won the Amateur World Championship Belt for Full Contact Kickboxing in Orlando.
I have a parrot named Weyoun.......yes....that is his name...and yes...he is named after Jeffery Combs charachter
I have 2 Italian Greyhounds named Murph and Abby.
I teach Martial Arts at my local gym in Geogia.
Thanks for allowing me to post on your forums.  I love Star Trek and Love the Podcast.
Thanks
Andy

Geekyfanboy

It's great to meet you Andy... you sound like a geek who can kick some butt!!!  Cool.

Duffster

Welcome and remember to embrace the geekness that is Treks in Sci-Fi!!!!

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Jen

Welcome Andy! I'm no where near a champion...but I'm a martial artist as wellâ€"Kajukenbo. Studied under Dan Baker, former world champion. I fought in a novice tournament once (in college)... ended up winning third in state, fighting as a wild card. Had to fight four women in a row, with about a minute to rest between each match. I was punched in the face once (dropped to my knees) but I won that match in the end. I will never do that again...BOY was I sore!   :P
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Wow.. I didn't know this about you Jen.  So you're a geek who can kick butt also. :)

iceman

Jen

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on August 16, 2007, 07:04:16 PM
Wow.. I didn't know this about your Jen.  So you're a geek who can kick butt also. :)
I was motivated to learnâ€"had a stalker when I was in college. Let's just say I can take care of myself.  ;)

Again, welcome to the boards! Glad to have another fellow listener join the forum.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

jedijeff

Welcome to the boards, you sound like an interesting back ground, and I think it is cool you do MMA.

Rico

Welcome to the fun!  Glad to have you join us here.  I'm not a martial artist but I grew up in Detroit.  I just keep my eyes always open and try to just avoid trouble.  ;)

moyer777

I used to watch Kung Fu.. does that count?  :)

Welcome my friend.  I hope you enjoy the boards.

Rick

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Jen

Quote from: moyer777 on August 16, 2007, 10:37:35 PM
I used to watch Kung Fu.. does that count?  :)

Welcome my friend.  I hope you enjoy the boards.

Rick
Yes grasshopper.  :D
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

Hey!  Welcome!  Very interesting name XD

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr