• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Flash Gordon starts tonight, 8/10 on Sci-Fi

Started by Rico, August 10, 2007, 06:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

The new "Flash Gordon" series starts tonight on Sci-Fi.  Learn more here:   http://www.scifi.com/flashgordon/

Geekyfanboy

Previews have looked really good. I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Darth Gaos

Me too, I need to adjust the timer on my DVR because I record Dr. Who and I don't want to miss either one.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Dan M

Kirk-Fu

I watched it and have to say it was bad. Im not sure why, but Sci-Fi channel just makes bad original programming.

The acting was stiff, story dragged out, and it just wasnt fun.

However, I will continue to watch in hopes it get s better, im a sci-fi fan.

Dan M

OK.

Galactica's pretty good.  (best show on TV!)

Duffster

I just watched it, and I kinda agree with you kirk-fu. Although there were some parts I liked, it was definitely a little to much sci-fi channel for me. But I will also keep watching to give it a chance.

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Kirk-Fu

Well, Galactica isnt your typical sci-fi channel show. It has had a good budget and is run by RDM. I love Galactica.

Im also not a fan of shows that run longer than an hour. Unless its a really good show that has you from the start, I usually find them to drag on too long. The regular eps will be hour long shows.
Which is why I will keep watching, dont want to judge a show by its pilot. I was not a fan of 'Encounter at Farpoint' or 'Caretaker'. But TNG speaks for itself, and at least for me, Voyager was a fun ride with a few bumps along the way.

moyer777

QuoteI was not a fan of 'Encounter at Farpoint' or 'Caretaker'. But TNG speaks for itself, and at least for me, Voyager was a fun ride with a few bumps along the way.

yeah, that is what I was thinking.  I hope it gets better.  The concept was good.

I'll give it a chance.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

I'm pretty much with the rest of you.. it was okay, nothing special but again this was the pilot.. I'll give it a few more go rounds before I decided to watch it or not.

Bryancd

LOL! I was reading a thread over at the RPF and they are absolutely TRASHING this show. I didn't see it, but it sounds like a big pile of poo.

Duffster

Well in my opinion that's a bit harsh. I definitely wasn't incredible, but I heard the same kind of comments from the Battlestar Galactica miniseries, and as had been said previously, the TNG premier. I sat and watched the Encounter at Farpoint with my best friend....and we both were totally turned off.

I really didn't like the fact that they did stray so far from the movie (although it was campy, still fun) and the cartoon series of the 70/80's. I also didn't buy into the actor playing Ming.

That being said there were some good points. I like the actress playing Dale Arden, and I think they gave her some great lines. I also like the crazy earth scientist, and I hope they flesh his character out some. I am just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best though. At least the fact it is on the Sci-Fi channel will make it last more then a couple of shows (hopefully)

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Bryancd

True, BSG received a lot of criticsm but it also immediatley had supporters who could see beyond their bias towards the original series righ from the get go. TNG may not be the best analogy as ST has such a huge fam base as compared to Flash Gordon. Now I actually want to see it and see what all the hub bub is about :)

Dan M

Quote from: Bryancd on August 11, 2007, 08:17:40 PM
True, BSG received a lot of criticism but it also immediately had supporters who could see beyond their bias towards the original series right from the get go.

Yeah, I was hooked after the first night of the miniseries. 

The criticism started from the time it was announced.

Kirk-Fu

I remember not even finishing the BSG mini. Didnt hate it, just didnt feel like giving up the time to watch it. Now im hooked on BSG.

I agree that Dale was pretty good, and just plain pretty :-)
Also, I actually enjoyed the guy playing Mings underling, Rankal or however its spelled. Kinda looks like Dan Fielding(John Laroquette) from Night Court, with a plate on his head.