• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

My Trip to the Kwik-E-Mart

Started by Geekyfanboy, July 25, 2007, 06:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Who needs a Kwik-E-Mart.... I Dooooooooooooo

Well I finally was able to get to the local Kwik-E-Mart in Burbank CA. I have been wanting to go for weeks but there have been huge lines. For those who don't know they changed  twelve 7-11's to Kwik-E-Marts from the Simpsons to promote the movie. I knew the movie was coming out this weekend and I wasn't sure how long the stores where going to be there so Harry and I today. There was no line which was great. We took tons of pictures and some video. I got a Radioactive Man comic book and some Buzz cola. They were out of Krusty O's cereal but it was a fun experience. Take a look at some pictures. I plan on building a webpage for my website which will have more pictures.. I'll post the link when it's done.

Geekyfanboy

Here's a few more....

Duffster

Dang, I am jealous. I really wish they would have done that around here. Nice pics Kenny, when was the last time you had that much fun at a 7-11??

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Rico

Man - that is cool.  Great pics Kenny.  Hey, I just realized that Taiwan has some 7-11's (actually a lot of them).  I wonder if any of those got the Kwik-E treatment?  And is there a list of where the one's are that got changed over somewhere?  Hmm, time to hit Google,.....

Rico

Just found the list.  Darn, nothing that close to me:

Always wondered where Springfield really is? Does anyone really know? Well the folks at 7-Eleven do â€" in fact they’ve been working very closely with Apu Nahasapeemapetilon.

Burbank, CA
      Chicago, IL
      Dallas, TX
      Denver, CO
      Lake Buena Vista, FL/Orlando, FL
      Las Vegas, NV/Henderson, NV
      Los Angeles, CA
      New York City, NY
      San Francisco, CA/Mountain View, CA
      Seattle, WA
      Vancouver, BC/Coquitlam, BC
      Washington, DC/Bladensburg, MD

Geekyfanboy

Yeah I was lucky.. I live right between the one in Burbank and Los Angeles.. I went to the Burbank one.

Chief

Hey Kenny! Great pics! No such thing as Kwickie Marts here on Taco Land, but they sure look damn cool. I'm really looking forward to see that movie!

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

iceman

jedijeff

Thats cool, glad you were able to get to one.

PepperDude

Man. . .that's really cool.  I live about 30 min. away from the LA Kwik-E-Mart.  Hopefully some friends want to come along with me to visit it.

wso32

That is so cool. Thanks for posting Kenny!  Did they have any Duffs Beer?

Geekyfanboy

Since the movie is PG-13 and family friendly.. they decided not to produce Duff Beer.

wso32

Ahh...Too bad. I've always thought there was a lot of value in the "Duffs" brand and it would have been interesting to see how well it sold.  Really cool photos though Kenny.  Thanks again for sharing.

Geekyfanboy

I finally updated my website with my Kwik-E-Mart Trip.. check it out.

http://www.geocities.com/dathon1/KwikEMartPG1.html

Darth Gaos

No Duff Beer?!?!?   While I understand the thought process, I can't say I agree with the decision.  If Moe's is in the movie, then c'mon.  I can almost guarantee had they produced Duff Beer, it would have been the biggest seller at those 12 stores FAR AND AWAY.

Oh and I LOVE the doughnut display....."They're not called Don'tNuts".....Genius.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?