• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Tin Man on Sci-Fi

Started by Jen, July 17, 2007, 07:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Thought that fellow Oz fans would find this somewhat interesting.

SCI FI Green-Lights Tin Man

SCI FI Channel has given a green light to Tin Man, a wild SF reimagining of The Wizard of Oz, as its next six-hour original miniseries. Written by Steven Long Mitchell and Craig Van Sickle (The Pretender), Tin Man (working title) is slated to begin shooting in Vancouver, B.C., in early 2007, with an eye to a December 2007 premiere. Casting is currently underway. SCI FI is re-teaming with RHI Entertainment (Legend of Earthsea) to produce Tin Man.

The miniseries is a sometimes psychedelic, often twisted and always bizarre take on The Wizard of Oz. It centers on DG, a young woman plucked from her humdrum life and thrust into The Outer Zone (the O.Z.), a fantastical realm filled with wonder, but oppressed by dark magic. DG discovers her true identity, battles evil winged monkey-bats and attempts to fulfill her destiny. Her perilous journey begins on the fabled Old Road that leads to a wizard known as the Mystic Man. Along the way, she is joined by "Glitch," an odd man missing half his brain; "Raw," a quietly powerful wolverine-like creature longing for inner courage; and "Cain," a heroic former policeman (known in the O.Z. as a "Tin Man"), who is seeking vengeance for his scarred heart. Ultimately, DG's destiny leads her to a showdown with the wicked sorceress Azkadellia, whose ties to DG are closer than anyone could have imagined.

Tin Man will be executive-produced by RHI's Robert Halmi Sr. and Robert Halmi Jr. Mitchell and Van Sickle will also serve as executive producers.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

hughnme

Sounds like a ripper, makes me wish we had the sci fi channel where I come from.
Which is kind of ironic, seeing I’m from “OZ”tralia
Boom tish
Marty McFly: Silence Earthling! My name is Darth Vader. I am an extraterrestrial from the planet Vulcan!

Geekyfanboy

I know we posted something about this on another thread but I couldn't find it.

I'm really looking forward to this, I saw a preview of it during the premiere of Eureka last week. Looks great...

Geekyfanboy

I knew we talked about this before... here is the link to the other thread.

http://www.treksf.com/forums/index.php?topic=1207.0

Rico

Anything OZ related and I'm there.  Can't wait!

Jen

Opps...sorry Kenny. I checked before I posted, but didn't see that one.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

Cool new trailer....  (I think I'm going to love this).....

Ktrek

You know that looks surprisingly good for a Sci-fi Channel production!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

The Sci-Fi Channel has done a number of good miniseries over the years.  The DUNE ones, and Triangle I enjoyed and several others as well.  Usually quite a bit better than the Saturday night movies they show (even though those are not all Sci-Fi produced).

Jen

Wow, I haven't seen the trailer yet! That looks sweet! And the actors, they're actually good ones! I can't wait!!!! We're off to see the Wizard the wonderful wizard of OZ. Surely there's singing in this version.  :D

I stayed up late to watched this movie every year as a kid. I hope they do it justice.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Don't forget this is going to air this Sunday on Dec. 2nd.

Darth Gaos

Must set the DVR....how many nights is playing out over?
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Geekyfanboy

I just checked the schedule and it looks to be on Sunday Dec 2, Monday Dec 3 and Tuesday Dec 4 it's a six hour mini series.

Darth Gaos

sweet....now I just have to remember to set it once I get home.  Thanks Kenny
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

KingIsaacLinksr

This looks like a cool show.  I just wish I had Sci-Fi...well, I guess I wish I had a TV here...:(

Ah well.  I'll get to here from you guys.

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr