• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

New ALIENS Direct TV Ccommercial!

Started by Bryancd, July 12, 2007, 11:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Has anyone seen the Direct TV ads where they take a popular movie and intercut it with new shots of the main actor talking about switching from cable to Direct TV? Well they just showed ine with Ripley/Sigourney Weaver battling the Queen while talking about Direct TV! It was VERY well done!

Darth Gaos

I have seen those but I have not seen that one in particular....sounds cool, I will definitely keep an eye out for it.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Geekyfanboy

Yeah I really enjoy those commerical.. but like DG.. I haven't seen that one.. sounds pretty cool.

Rico

Haven't seen that one but here are the other one's I know of....

[youtube=425,350]wcrt7OzJS8c[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]BQ3OWA1Wrt0[/youtube]

Geekyfanboy

OMG.. I just saw this on Spike TV... this is the best one yet. Sigourney was great..

JoSpiv

It's such an amazing ad campaign.  I have to hand it to them, they've struck gold.
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock

Dan M

FYI, there are at least three different cuts of the commercial.  The longest starts up with the door opening and Ripley walking out in the powersuit and starting to say her line "Get away from her you..." before realizing the camera is there.  It ends with her knocking the queen back.

There are at least two shorter versions.  One omits the opening, the other omits the opening and the ending.