• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Lt (lg) Cedric Tain

Started by Duffster, July 09, 2007, 10:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffster

Here is a character I came up with for the 3rd season of the RPG. He is an older fellow, but newly commisioned as an LT.

Character's Name: Cedric Tain   

Stats

Born: ???
Place Of Birth: Federation outpost
Species Of Origin: Orion-Human
Hair: Black speckled with Grey   
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6' 5”
Weight: 245
Skin Tone: Dark, but Slightly Green
Telepathic and Empathic Status: None
Body: Large and Muscular...hard and battered
Face : Battered from many many brawls, but still has an appealing look to him
Marital Stats: Divorced 3 times   
Children: 7 from various marriages
Habits: Habitual training, almost to the point of obsession
Quarters: Spartan, what art there is can hardly be called art, mostly reproductions of battle scenes
Likes: Carousing when off duty, Sports (any kind), gambling
Dislikes: Lack of discipline, Any breech of command structure
Ambitions and Goals: To survive his Federation career, and end up with enough money and memories to retire and buy a slot on a colonizing expedition.
Temperament: Easy to anger but anger is tempered by military discipline, fiercely loyal to anyone that he respects. Has a long memory for those that have wronged him.
Hobbies: Drinking (off duty), studying military history, playing battle holo's

Family
Mother: Amanda Tain (killed in childbirth)
Father:  Unknown Orion pirate that raped his mother
Siblings: none

Character History

Cedric's mother was found barely alive after an Orion pirate ship had razed the Federation outpost she was living on. Although she never regain consciousness after her discovery, it was found that she had been raped by one of the pirates, and was in fact pregnant. Amanda died during the brutal birth of Cedric. Cedric was given as a “ward of the state” and raised on a frontier world at a orphanage. Cedric ran away to find a place for himself at the age of 13. Being half Orion, Cedric was always large and strong so he passed himself off as much older then he was. He found himself in bad company when he joined up with a mercenary group. He was captured trying to perform a robbery with the mercenaries when he was 16. The Federation judge, after learning the Cedric was only 16, and after hearing his history gave Cedric the choice of going to a penile colony, or joining Star fleet.

Cedric reveled in the discipline that Star fleet taught him, and he worked his way through the non-com ranks to Chief Petty Officer. His major downfall was his off duty carousing, which generally kept him on the hot seat with his commanding officers. Everyone had nothing but wonderful things to say about his performance while on duty, but his Orion blood called to him whenever he was off duty.

On his last mission Cedric was given a field commission of Lt Junior Grade after heroically rescuing what remained of his away party. The Lt. in charge of the away team refused to listen to Cedrics advice, at the cost of 7 of the 10 crew members. One of the dead away team was the Lt. that gave the ill advised orders. Rumors circulate on how the Lt died.

Cedric now has a new challenge to conquer, as his commission was made permanent. How can this long time enlisted soldier fit into world of the commisioned officer, that he he was on the other side of for  his entire career.
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Rico

Jen

...I'm not supposed to be on the boards right now (I'm on the clock)  ::)
But I'll make sure to swing back by and read this profile. What I did read sounds VERY interesting. Welcome aboard Duffster! I'm glad you're giving it a shot!  :D
Got to go!  :eekout
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

I see conflict in the future with this one :)

Duffster

Ok, sometimes I get a bit obsessive about things. After I came up with Tains bio, I kind of liked the idea, so I wrote another little story about his past..the story of the Lt. Since it doesn't really have anything to do with the RPG, and it's more of just a background story, I guess I will post it here.

Tain looked over the carnage that used to be outpost 7 on the planet Celeste 4 and shook his head sadly. None of this had needed to happen. If only Lt Corol had listen to him and his men. But no, he had to try and get his glory, his medals. Just another snot faced Star Fleet officer that thought he knew what was best, regardless of what advice they were given.

Tain felt nothing but shock, and pain as he spied another away team body. He removed the debris from around the body to make a positive identification. Crewman Rostick.. Damn. He'd know this kid since he'd arrived fresh faced from basic. Tain had trained this kid and had made him into a damn fine soldier and just like that...poof, another proud soldier gone due to reckless leaders.

Tain attacked a CB( corpse beacon ) to Rosticks shoulder and continued his search for survivors. So far there was only himself, Grant, and F'rint that had made it. Of the remaining 7 away team members, Tain had managed to find 6, and tag them with CB's. Only the Lt remained to be found. As Tain rounded that corner of another ruined shelter he heard the moan. He readied his phaser and carefully gazed into the corner of rubble.

The Lt was a battered mess. He had been trying to crawl out from the rubble but didn't have the strength. He heard the scrape of Tains boots as he approached. He looked up at Tain and smiled.

"Damn I am glad to see you Chief! I thought I was a goner for sure."

As the Lt gazed into the Chiefs eyes, his smile faded. What he saw in those eyes was blackness. Hard, glittering blackness.

"You know Loo, I told you that you were gonna get these kids killed, and you did. You were too caught up in how great is was gonna look in your report that you lead this away team, and rescued those colonists. Well how do you feel now?? The colonists are all dead. You manged to get 6 soldiers that I trained killed!" Tain spat the words at the Lt as if he hated the taste of them.

Tain looked down at the Lt. If he acted quickly he could save the kid. On the other hand....

As Tain walked away, he looked back at the Lt.

"Ya know what Loo??? I really wish I would have found you in time. To bad, you had a very promising career. I am sure you would have gotten a bunch more of my kids killed over the years."

Tain continued walking away. As he did he flipped a CB over his shoulder at the Lt.

"Oh by the the way Loo. Do you mind attaching that to yerself?? I'd do it, but remember...I haven't found you yet."

The moaning got quiet pretty quick as Tain checked the remaining merc bodies for anyone living. After it stopped he headed back to the Lt and attached the CB.

"Damn incompetent kid...couldn't even do that for me!"

Tain walked back to the center of the outpost and communicated the bad news to ship.
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Jen

Very GOOD!!! I hope this guy gets along with the officers on Tiberius...I'd hate to be his enemy.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

iceman

Omra

'Penile colony?'  I would definitely chose Starfleet over a penile colony. 

But on a more serious note, very cool.  Cant wait to see your first post in the story.