News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

new bod here

Started by hughnme, June 19, 2007, 08:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hughnme

Hello everyone,
My name is Hugh ,I’m a 45 year old father of two living in a outer suburb of Melbourne Australia
I’ve been interested in science fiction and fantasy and star trek for as long as I can remember and for some reason I can still remember the first time I saw star trek.
The babysitter was watching the show with her back to me and I was peeking through a crack in my bedroom door, Kirk was on the bridge giving orders and I thought “wow, his on  a spaceship, I want to be him”
So began my love affair with star trek.
I use to read those paperback star trek graphic novels with actual stills from the episodes and listen to the audio of the episode at the same time (holding a tape deck up to the speaker of the tele for an hour, complete with extra sound effects from the family in the background-dad-“what’s that rubbish your watching!”)
I grew up reading marvel comics (though for shame I haven’t read one for a long time) and the second book I ever read was one by Asimov.

Its good to amongst people who dig what I dig
Hope to see you around
Marty McFly: Silence Earthling! My name is Darth Vader. I am an extraterrestrial from the planet Vulcan!

moyer777

Welcome Hugh!

I used to tape Buck Rogers in the 25th Century and Battlestar Galactica on my cassette recorder.  I wore out my tapes!

It was so cool.

I am glad you are here!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

Welcome to the group Hugh.. sounds like you'll fit right in.

Ktrek

Welcome Hugh! Glad to have you aboard!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Ahh, another kindred soul from down under.  Welcome!  Great group of folks here and I'm sure they will all make you feel right at home.  Thanks for joining us.

markinro

Ahh - Australia.   Its on my list of vacation spots.   In this case, it would be a return trip.   Great country and people.   Welcome Hugh

iceman

welcome to the fun :orc

Bryancd

Welcome. Wife and I were in Melbourne 4 years ago, loved it! Very European feel. Did a road trip down the Great Ocean Road, saw wild Koala's!

Trekkygeek

AHHhhhh. Another Aussie, the bane of a Englishmans sporting life. Seriously though, welcome aboard mate. Hope to chat someday and the Ashes will be coming home in 2009. :cheers
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Jen

Welcome to the boards! You're in good company. :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

The IC

iceman