• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

The Universe

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 05, 2007, 09:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Is anyone watching this new series on The History Channel.. it's very well done and very informative. It premiered last week with "The Sun" tonight is "Mars". If you're into the universe this is a must see TV show.

Ktrek

I had not heard about it Kenny. What night is it on? I'll try and catch an episode.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Geekyfanboy

it's on right now on the west coast... 9pm on Tuesday

Ktrek

Bummer that there's only three episodes but I'll try and set my PVR to record them. Thanks for the link Kenny! :)

Kevin

"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Geekyfanboy

Well there are only three listed at the moment.. I can't believe they would do only three episodes.

JoSpiv

It is an excellent program.   Since it's being advertized as being about "Absolutly Everything", I think they'll have WAY more than three episodes.
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock

Bryancd

I've been watching it. It's very good, though some of the stuff is recycled from other Discovery Science shows.

Geekyfanboy

There are more episodes... tonight is Jupiter and next week will be the Moon.  This is such a great series.

JoSpiv

It is called, "The Universe".  When are they gonna get out of the solar system?  :D
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock

Bryancd

Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" is still the best!

Bryancd

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on June 19, 2007, 09:36:50 PM
There are more episodes... tonight is Jupiter and next week will be the Moon.  This is such a great series.

Hey Kenny, Jupiter is up right now in the evening sky. Go outside tonight and look up into the West/Sothwest. The brightest object you will see is Jupiter. I'll take a picture of it this weekend in my tel;escope and post it here :)

Geekyfanboy

Thanks Bryan for the head ups.. I'll take a look tonight.

Bryancd

Everybody here can see it. Take out a good pair of binoculars and you should be able to resolve the 4 largest moons, Io, Europa, Calista, and Gamamine. They will lokk like little dots cutting straight across Jupiter's equitorial plane.

JoSpiv

They are repeating the Jupiter episode this week.   With July 4th coming up the history channel is usually obsessed with American Revolution stuff.