• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"HEX" tv series - anyone seen it?

Started by Rico, June 04, 2007, 05:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Has anyone seen "HEX?"  It's another British show sort of similar to Buffy from what I have heard.  But a bit more adult.  It comes out on DVD in the states tomorrow and I was thinking of check it out.  Looking for some opinions.

Ktrek

I don't know anything about it but some episodes were posted up on the alt.binaries.multimedia.scifi newsgroup. You might check a couple out before spending your hard earned cash.;)

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Hancider

Hey Rico this series has been running on BBC America for a couple of weeks now.  I don't know if you have that channel or not but you can get a taste of it on there if you do.  I have the DISH network 120 package and it is there so if you have DISH you should have it.
What was the biggest problem with the Prequels?  One thing, NO HAN SOLO!!  Oh yeah you know it.

Rico

I only have expanded basic and we don't get that channel.   :(
But maybe if I ever get that big new HDTV I want I'll get a Dish too!  ;)

Ktrek

Quote from: Rico on June 04, 2007, 08:13:52 AM
But maybe if I ever get that big new HDTV I want I'll get a Dish too!  ;)

Just don't get fooled like I did into thinking that just because Dish is a digital signal the picture quality will be good. It's better than cable but has a lot of pixelation that is quite visible on a large TV. I have a 50 inch plasma and I stayed with Dish for a couple of years but about a year ago our neighborhood had Verizon fiber optics put in, and I switched, and now I can say that my investment in the plasma is paying off. The picture is at least five times more clear than Dish with hardly any noticeable pixelation. My HD PVR gets very good picture on all the HD channels. It's just too bad they have so few of them!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Hancider

Yeah I know what your talking about Ktrek you actually have to pay like 5 or 10 bucks more to get the HD receiver in order to get an actual HD picture.  It is the same with the Digital Cable that is available around here through Time Warner you have to pay more for to get the HD.  Since I don't have a HDTV anyways it doesn't bother me though lol and I love my DVR.
What was the biggest problem with the Prequels?  One thing, NO HAN SOLO!!  Oh yeah you know it.

Rico

Getting off topic, but there is a big difference between just a digital signal and a digital HD signal.

Back on the HEX topic - on another forum I've heard from at least one person that says it's not that good.  Might try and check a torrent out first.

iceman

I watched this series, it was ok but  I could never get into this series, I found the dresden files was much better