• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Future of Star Trek

Started by Ktrek, June 03, 2007, 08:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is a Star Trek movie the right move for the future of the franchise?

Yes
No
Maybe
I don't know
Star Trek should stay in hibernation

Rico

The script is done.  I think they have spent some time working on it all and deciding how to proceed so I am expecting good things for the next movie.  As long as they keep the budget in line, it should do well.  People should be pretty hungry for new Trek by the time Dec. 2008 rolls around.

Darth Gaos

I think a movie is the best thing right now.  If the movie is good and gets a  lot of good buzz, people will go see it.  I think if Star Trek suufers from any problems it will be from hardcore Trekkies.  Any "re-imagining" of an established theme, character(s), etc. will suffer some wrath from hardcore fans.  Everyone here seem pretty open-minded and we will all see it.  If it sucks, we'll say it sucks because it is not a great movie.  I don;t think many(if any) will say it sucks simply because it does hold true to the original timeline, characters, story etc unless it so far out of left field that it can;t be ignored.

I am looking forward to more information and, ultimately, seeing the movie next year.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

JoSpiv

I'm sure this has been said before, but I truly believe Ronald D. Moore should be given a very important role in any future Trek series.  If not, ask him to be a consultant on this film.  I LOVE JJ Abrams, but for me, the combination of JJ and RDM would equal maybe the greatest sci-fi movie ever!!

Ok, maybe that's a little extreme, but it would be pretty cool.  :)
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock