• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Hi

Started by saunders, January 23, 2006, 04:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saunders

I discovered your show Rico looking for reviews of Master Replica items.  I've been listening at work the last few weeks and really enjoy it.  It's nice to hear someone talk about TOS so fondly.  Like you, I grew up with this in the days before Luke and Han were even around.  I still think it's the best.  I'm a big fan of movies in general.  I love Trek, Wars, Planet of the Apes, Bond, Clint Eastwood, and Combat (hense the nickname for those of you who remember).  I think we need a Planet of the Apes Podcast.
I think I tend to be more nostalgic for these old shows and enjoy watching them over and over more than new stuff.
I do some drawing as a hobby.  I have a website at
www.geocities.com/jaydrawings
Stop by if you get a chance.  There's no Trek drawings yet, but I'd love to do a early Kirk one.  If anyone knows of any large, high quality close up pics of the original cast, let me know.  There's plenty of pics out there, but most are small or poor quality.

Geekyfanboy

Hey there... welcome to the group.

Hey just checked out your website.. very cool stuff.

Riskygodfather

Ya, welcome to the Treks in sci-fi forums, sit down, have a drink and stay awhile.
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

Rico

Welcome aboard!  Great artwork on your site!   :Bow:  One note, when I click an image it didn't enlarge up.  I have dabbled in art, mainly back in college and really want to get back to drawing more.  Thanks for the kind words about the Podcast.  I'll see what I can find as far as good HQ shots of the TOS cast.   

saunders

hmmm...I'm not sure why the images are not enlarging for you.  They work fine on my computer.  They do take a while to load, but I'm sure you're on a cable modem, so I wouldn't think that would be the problem. 

Rico

Quote from: saunders on January 24, 2006, 07:28:00 AM
hmmm...I'm not sure why the images are not enlarging for you.  They work fine on my computer.  They do take a while to load, but I'm sure you're on a cable modem, so I wouldn't think that would be the problem. 

When I click your 2005 link, then say choose the Charles Bronson pic I get a new window to open and it say this: 
The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.

Here's the link it tries and can't find:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Drawings/2005word%5CBronson.htm

spock

Welcome aboard. The drinks are on the house....
Good website for starters. If you have any site questions, holler.
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Chief

Welcome Saunders!

I have to say that your artwork is just impressive. Great gallery you have there.

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

saunders

Thanks for the comments all.  Rico...when I click your link I get the same message that you said.  When I go in through my page and click the Bronson pic, here is the link it gives me:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Drawings/2005word/Bronson.htm
I don't know why the link it takes you to is a little different.  I don't know much about .html, but this is the first I've heard of this problem.  I don't know what the answer is.

Picard_delta_5

welcome, i just posted a topic with some links to good star trek sites, on of them is great for large tos actors
Star Trek Will Rise Again

Picard_delta_5

yeah, i'm also having the same problem as rico

Javert

welcome i'm the local klingon interpreter.

Picard_delta_5

spock

I stink at art. I admire people that can draw well
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum