• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Permission to come aboard...sir!

Started by Ktrek, May 29, 2007, 03:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktrek

Hello everyone!

My real name is Kevin and I have been a sci-fi fan since I was a little tike of around 5 years old. I use to stay up with my mom to watch Alfred Hitchcock, Twilight Zone, and the Outer Limits. I have very fond memories of being scared out of my mind! :jawdrop When I was ten I saw the premiere of a new sci-fi show called Star Trek and have been a lifelong fan ever since. I own every episode of Star Trek series on DVD (I like all things Trek, even ENT :ohbaby). I am not much of a collectibles person although I have a few things. I am more interested in collecting Star Trek books and magazines. I have 95% of all Star Trek books ever published and many of the magazines that have been issued over the years. Including Star Trek Fan Club Magazine (later to be called Communicator) from issue 49 to it's final of 150. I would love to acquire 1 through 48 but it's a dream not likely to be fulfilled. I also have quite a few of the Star Trek comics. Complete sets of TNG and DS9.

Besides Trek I am a fan of most sci-fi shows. Some that come to mind are Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica (old and new), X-Files, and many early sci-fi shows like Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Lost in Space, Land of the Giants, Buck Rogers etc. I also love those old sci-fi serials like Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, Superman, Captain Marvel, Undersea Kingdom etc. And then the classic sci-fi movies like The Day the Earth Stood Still, When Worlds Collide, War of the Worlds, Forbidden Planet etc.

Beside sci-fi my other interests include classic films from Hollywood's golden age and I co-administrate a message board with a friend from Scotland. He is the more knowledgeable actually and I provide the technical expertise to run the board. I design the skins, logos, banners etc. and do much of the recruiting. If anyone is interested you can find it at http://www.goldenageofhollywood.com.

Another interest of mine is progressive Rock music and especially the band YES. However, I frequently listen to classical music, jazz and music from the 1920s to the 1950s.

As for other stats I am happily married to a wonderful woman who shares my love of Star Trek and most things sci-fi. I live in Denton, Texas, a college town about 45 miles North of downtown Dallas. I'm addicted to a good coffee but these days it has to be decaf :'( . I have fooled around with computers almost since the day they became a public item. I used to manage stores for Radio Shack and had several of the very first home PCs ever made. Currently I run my own lawn service business after leaving the Environmental Health and Safety field at a university.

Well, that's about all I can think of right now and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone! And Rico...I really like the show! :thumbsup

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Geekyfanboy

Wow.. great post.. feels like I know you already. Welcome to our little group.. hope you have a great time here.

Rico

Sounds like you will fit right in here Kevin.  A big welcome aboard!

moyer777

Way cool Kevin,  welcome.  This is a great place with some of the coolest people you will ever meet!

:andorian

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Hancider

Yeah welcome aboard buddy hope you like it here.  Looking forward to reading you on the forums dude.
What was the biggest problem with the Prequels?  One thing, NO HAN SOLO!!  Oh yeah you know it.

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

Welcome to the party . . . even if you did like ENT  :boxing

iceman