• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

The Last Sentinel...

Started by markinro, May 13, 2007, 08:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markinro

The only reason I watched this Saturday night Sci-Fi made movie was Katie Sackhoff (BG Starbuck).  I made the mistake of thinking she wouldn't do crap roles.   Well, this one was just another in a long line of DUDS.   I would rather they re-run Plan 9 From Outer Space.  OMG - this was really, REALLY bad.   The guy at the end looks like Edward Scissorhands with bad makeup.  I need to see if the DVR can like parental block me from EVER recording another one of these schlocko things again.  :offtopic  :banned:

GEEESH !! 

Rico

Didn't that recent movie with Kiefer S. have the same title?  I actually miss Sci-Fi saturday - but I'm in Taiwan right now.  Not much Sci-Fi on here.

markinro

That was just called "The Sentinel".   This one was "The LAST Sentinel" -- which thankfully means there will NOT be a sequel.   I would like to also see "The Last Terminator" if it ever gets made.

Hancider

Yeah SciFi Saturday Night Movie is usually a dumpfest with wonderful Titles such as Manquisto, The Last Sentinel, Manticore, SS Doomtrooper and other gems it really is something that needs to be avoided at all cost.  Every once in a great while they will come up with one or two reasonably good movies but those are few and far between.
Hey here is something to do for fun go the the Scifi channel web site and look at the list of there "original" movies they have.  There is over 50 movies in that list and all of them are crap except for maybe one or two. I think that is the Scifi channel would just funnel some of that money that they used on movies like Man with the screaming brain (real movie look it up) into more well written and produced projects then maybe people would appreciate the channel more and they would have better ratings.  I don't mean to be cruel here but some of those movies are C to D quality for crying out loud and they do nothing but reinforce the perception that Scifi is not a viable genre and only for the fringe and hardcore audiences.
I love Scifi but i also like having a good movie to go along with that Scifi.
What was the biggest problem with the Prequels?  One thing, NO HAN SOLO!!  Oh yeah you know it.

markinro

I'm not sure who the writers but it goes far deeper - writing, acting, directing, music, effects.   Heck, Rick -- send them your screenplays from high school but make sure to demand a lot of money up front -- royalties would be terrible with these movies.

moyer777

I'm kind of bummed that I missed this.  I was so busy this weekend... geez.  :)

Yeah, we DVR all of the movies and then start to watch them.  I have only made it through 3 out of ????  Nathan and I just can't take it after about 45 minutes. 

Once in awhile there will be something kind of cool in them. 

I like the idea of taking the budget from like three of them and combining it to make an actual decent movie.  That would be cool. 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Locutus

Keep in mind that, while they say "SciFi Channel Originals", the SciFi Channel does not make these flicks. What they mean is - "Someone made this and couldn't get anyone to buy it or show it, we took it off their hands for about 50 bucks and a ticket to an off-Broadway production of Annie."

The biggest problem I have with the SciFi Channel, is that the woman who is the head of it (I can't remember her name right this second) hates scifi, and only sees it as stupid monster movies. She has no understanding of what quiality scifi is, and they only get lucky every once in a while with things like BSG and Eurika. I mean, they canceled Farscape, because they didn't want to front half the money for it anymore, to produce Tremors, the series! If THAT isn't misinformed about scifi fans, I don't know what is!
Admiral Piett: Impossible! Are calcs proves us otherwise.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

Hancider

Well that does explain a lot then. They must think us stupid Scifi fans will watch anything as long as it is mutated or in space.  Well I they did do a couple of things right like getting the Stargate Series and BSG of course along with Eureka and now they have Enterprise on Monday nights which I personally enjoy. But with Stargate going bye bye this year and BSG not coming until 2008 and then only having one year left in it. I don't really see anything coming in to fill its place. Another thing is what the heck is with the all the screwing around with the new season slots I mean BSG isn't coming until 2008 now and the Stargate episodes starting late that kinda stuff really annoys me.  I guess every network is doing that nowadays but man that is annoying. 

The first season of TOS had 28 fifty minute episodes in it and nowadays here are lucky if we get 20 40 minute episodes out of a season that is ridiculous.
What was the biggest problem with the Prequels?  One thing, NO HAN SOLO!!  Oh yeah you know it.

markinro

For pete's sake -- why would a woman who hates scifi want to head up the SciFi channel ??   It's one thing to buy a product you hope will be a hit but to do it intentionally is just being - for lack of a better word - a butthead.

Why stop there ?   Lets put Rosie O'Donnel in charge of FoxNEWS.  Ted Nugent in charge of the Animal Channel and Ted Danson in charge of the Women's Channel.   Actually, that last one might not be such a bad idea. :)

Locutus

I don't know if she "wants" to head it up, I think she was "put in charge":i.e. dumping ground for hard-to-deal-with execs. That the channel has done as well as it has is probably as much of a surprise to them as it is to us, just in different ways.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

Hancider

LOL nice one mark I can see it now.

Next on Animal Planet how to skin a mountain puma in ten easy steps
with your host Ted Nugent.

Locutus