• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Check out "The Trek" a student film from Ada Oklahoma.

Started by space_invader64, April 22, 2007, 04:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

space_invader64

The link below is 'the Trek'.  I hope you all check it out and tell us what you think.  This is a fan film about Trekies.  The story is simular to Detroit Rock City; only with Trekies on their way to a convention.

All pre prodction, production, and post production was done in one week. (Over spring break this year.)  This was shot along side a documentery to demonstrate all the work that goes into a short film.

Rico, if you feel that this is good enough, we would love to hear a mention on the podcast.

We hope you enjoy it!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1340840884675823769&hl=en

Geekyfanboy

I liked it.. very funny. I think they were more Star Wars fans then Star Trek. 

Did you help with production or are you in it?

*edit.. I just noticed your forum name.. are you Space Invader 1138 in the movie?

Rico

space_invader64

Here is the link to the edition of the video without the glitches of the first edit.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-804356759587256924&hl=en

My job was to set up lights and was an body double in many of the driving shots.  The space invader 1138 was loosly based on me but I wasn't there when they put that part of the story together.  I chose another project but I was in and out during the production to lend a hand anywhere I could.

The Central Church of Christ of Ada allowed us to setup in their activity center as the headquarters for this event.  Everyone sat around a table and brainstormed what we wanted to do.   The story was drafted and the script was put together.  On friday, it will be presented to the faculty of East Central University and a pannel of local broadcasters. 

My favorite thing about this movie is the adlibed diolog about Star Trek and Star Wars.  Only fans could recreate real conversations that we all have had. 

Coy Cypert directed the movie who is a hardcore Star Wars fan.  Adam Randell, the leading man really gets into comic books. 
Ironicly, the only only one of us who had ever been to a convention was the kid!

Movie Sean

Call me cocky, but if there's an alien I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.