• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Trek Sighting

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 21, 2007, 05:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Well I was at my local Blockbuster Video picking up some DVD's when I walked pass this guy and politely said excuse me as I passed in front of him. I didn't look at him but then noticed a woman coming over to him and when I looked up and I was standing in front of the Okuda's, Mike and Denise Okuda. If you are a Trek fan you should know the name. Both of them were heavily involved with the art departments of TNG thru Enterprise. They wrote a bunch of the Star Trek Technical Manuals. Anyways I could feel my geeky bubbling up. Now I'm not one to bother celeberties when they are in public. I figure they are human beings and deserve the quiet life once in a while... but I couldn't resist, so I stopped, smiled and said to them, Thank you for your work on Star Trek. They both smiled and Denise said, Thank you, it was a dream job. Then I said, Those shows brought so much enjoyment to my life and still do. And Mike said, they did to us as well....  And that was it.. I didn't want to bother them anymore, so I smiled and continued to look for DVD's. I wish I had my camera I would have gotten a picture of them but I did find one online for those who don't know what they look like.

moyer777

Kenny, that is so AWESOME!  How neat.  It's so cool to have a once in a life time experience like that.  How cool.

I don't think I have ever met a star.  I have met some rock band people, but nobody from Star Trek. 

That simply rocks!

They must live around you somewhere! :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

jedijeff

Thats great for you Kenny, I am sure they were just as happy as you were, as I am sure they are happy to meet people who are fans of Trek and their work.

Rico

Kenny - that's cool and sounds like you did it the right way.  I always try to approach celebs the same way - even at a con.  Be polite, thank them for the work they do and move on.  The Okuda's did some great things on Trek.  Always nice to appreciate the folks behind the cameras.

Movie Sean

The Okunda's rock.

That is so cool.  WTG on knowing who they were, I can't say I'd remember off the top of my head if I saw them.

They were great in that History show about the uber Trek auction.
Call me cocky, but if there's an alien I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.

Geekyfanboy

I think that is why I reconized them to quickly because of the History Channel special.  Like I said.. I saw Denise first and knew exactly who she was.