• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

How is everyone doing?

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 18, 2007, 05:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

I just thought I would start a thread and see how everyone is doing!!!

Darkmolerman

I am good I get to make a sideshow toys account, and...NO HOMEWORK!
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Geekyfanboy

I'm doing pretty good.. work has been kind of crazy the past month or so but I'm happy to be working again after a three month hiatus. I'm very excited that Heroes is back next week.. it's been a long five weeks. Can't wait for the summer movies. It kicks off with Spiderman III beginning of May.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Darkmolerman on April 18, 2007, 05:55:52 PM
I am good I get to make a sideshow toys account, and...NO HOMEWORK!

I use to remember those wonderful days of no homework.

Darkmolerman

I finished it in class :) and yes no homework rocks like socks! The sideshow toys make AWSOME toys

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Geekyfanboy

Sideshow makes statues/collectibles.. not toys :)

Darkmolerman

Chrystabel

We are in the middle of state testing, so I'm not giving any homework until tomorrow.  LOL!

I'm tired because I got into the habit of staying up too late during spring break playing LOTRO.  Why are these games so darn addicting?!  Argh!

I'm heading to Seattle tomorrow night and then off to Chicago with my mom and sister Friday morning.  I'm excited about visiting Chicago Shakespeare and seeing the sites.  I've been to the Chicago airport MANY times, but this will be my first time actually seeing the city.  I'm excited!
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

Geekyfanboy

moyer777

Chicago is really a cool place.  I really enjoyed my time there a few years ago.  I got to catch a baseball game, tour the city and eat at this cool funky chinese place.  Very neat place!

As far as how I am doing?  I am doing ok.  I have had some pretty intense meetings the last few weeks, but nothing horrible.  Things are going better here at work, and at home, well, it is awesome. 

Nathan got his play that he wrote for script writing class accepted at the college and he is one of three people that were picked to have their play produced and performed.  So he is busy, I am proud of him!  We get to go see his work next month. 

Catherine has a volleyball game I get to attend tomorow night and Andrew just got done speaking in front of his small group at church. 

My wife is doing well... she is so cool.  I wish you guys could meet her.  Very nice lady.  I am blessed that she puts up with me!

Someone gave me a cool mountain bike yesterday, so I am going to add biking to my walking.  Thanks to Bryan on the forums, he inspires me to try the bike thing out. 

All in all, good things are going on.  Stress level is heading down, and I am feeling blessed!

Thanks for asking Kenny! :laugh:

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

Hey Rick.. I'm glad to hear everything is going well for you. You are such a great guy I would expect your kids and wife to be great also. I'm glad you got a bike, I love biking. I rode my bike from San Fransisco to Los Angeles about six years ago for California AIDS ride. Biking is a good way to lose weight and it's not as rough on your knees as running it.

Darkmolerman

yeah bikeing is fun, and glad everyone is happy:)

Jen

Quote from: Chrystabel on April 18, 2007, 10:56:00 PM
We are in the middle of state testing, so I'm not giving any homework until tomorrow.  LOL!

I'm tired because I got into the habit of staying up too late during spring break playing LOTRO.  Why are these games so darn addicting?!  Argh!

I'm heading to Seattle tomorrow night and then off to Chicago with my mom and sister Friday morning.  I'm excited about visiting Chicago Shakespeare and seeing the sites.  I've been to the Chicago airport MANY times, but this will be my first time actually seeing the city.  I'm excited!

Are you going to do an episode about Chicago Shakespeare Amy?  I've been staying up later than usual too. I'm playing Oblivion; my character is up to level 3 now. It would have been higher, but I had to start all over so I could create a balanced character. I initially chose the wrong combination of character traits (ie race, birth sign and class). It made for very difficult game play. But my new Wood Elf, mage, night blade character, is doing much better than my Dark Elf did...and the Dark Elf just flat creeped me out...UUUUUGLY.

The side quests are fun, but very time consuming. I guess I'm an explorer at heartâ€"I'm constantly wandering the wilderness.

My job is starting to get VERY busy. I work at the corporate offices for a water park chain. The season is just about to begin and there's still a lot of work to be done before all the parks open. Luckily we're hiring another graphic designer to help us out.

Its been raining a lot here, which is GREAT...Its usually HOT and dry in the spring time. My garden is nice and green. My roses are starting to bloom and our water garden is starting to fill out. Dave and I are doing great; we're planning our next fishing trip soon.  Life is wonderful. Glad everyone is doing great as well. Thanks for asking Kenny.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Darkmolerman

Yeah i had HSA test, which is Hawaii State Assement, its for public schools and it is basicly SAT *sigh*

PepperDude

Thanks for asking Kenny.  I know two people who did that AIDS ride.  One of them didn't make it though.  She was about too but I was still proud of her.  That's some tough riding.

I'm doing good though still busy with school.  I'm taking a little break tomorrow though.  I'm going to the beach tomorrow with some friends.  It rained today too.  I hope it's not too cold tomorrow.

Oh, and I played Guitar Hero on the PS2 (with the guitar) for about 30 minutes a few moments ago.  That game is fun.  ;D Now I know why it's so popular.  I was trying to play Sweet Child of Mine by Guns N Roses--notice how I said trying--and it was a blast. Too bad it's not my game. If any of you like playing guitar, you'll like that game. You'll like it even if you can't play any musical instrument (like me).