• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Does Picard hate Worf?

Started by Movie Sean, April 11, 2007, 10:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Movie Sean

I posed this on another form, and didn't get much of a response.  Figured I might get some better discussion here.

I've been picking up TNG as a series on DVD over the last two months, just finished all seven seasons last week.

I've been watching them in order as well. 

I noticed something. 

Picard never listens to Worf!! He always wants to raise shields, post guards, torpedo the diplomat, etc.

I wonder if Picard ever gets irritated at his suggestions.  Off hand I only remember one of his idea's being adopted. 

Anyone who has been a Boss knows that you always have that annoying employee that has the dumbest idea's all the time, is Worf that guy??

Discuss please.  :)

For the record I love Worf.  And Picard.
Call me cocky, but if there's an alien I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.

Geekyfanboy

I think Worf is doing his job. He is Chief of Sercurity and is suppose to protect the Captain and crew. As Captain you listen to everyone's suggestions and then decide the correct course of action. I think Picard values Worfs opinions he just doesn't alway agree with them. But I would say 100% that Picard doesn't hate Worf.

JoSpiv

Yeah he doesn't hate him at all.

However, in much of TNG Worf always had a very Klingon responce.  Picard being more  diplomatic than aggressive usually went with another option.

But I garrantee you when it was time to fight, he was very happy to let Worf fire phasers and phton torpedos.
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock