• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Avrik Newol, Assistant Judge Advocate General (JAG) Officer

Started by Archangela, February 05, 2007, 08:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archangela

Character's Name: Avrik Newol

Stats

Born: 2346
Place Of Birth: Star Base 123
Species Of Origin: Bajoran
Hair: shoulder length , black hair
Eyes: green
Height: 5’ 6”
Weight: 145 lbs.
Skin Tone: Olive
Telepathic and Empathic Status: none
Body: petite, athletic
Face: Bajoran ridge brow, mischievous smile.

Marital Stats: dating an engineer

Children: none

Habits: Although synthahol is served onboard Starfleet vessels, alcoholic beverages are still sold on most planets within the Federation. Avrik has the ability to drink any man, of any race, under the table. She often challenges Ferengis who doubt her talents and has acquired a large sum of latinum in doing so. She has the habit of giving her latinum to Bajoran refugees.

Quarters: An Earth “surfboard” hangs from its perch on the wall in the main entry. Legal degrees and diplomas are proudly presented in frames which hang from her walls above her desk. Bajoran artwork decorates her walls and tabletops, and her fiancée’s holophoto sits next to her bed.

Likes: Klingon Opera, straight tequila, cooking for her friends, going with her Sevryll and her children to the holodeck as well as running her own 21st century “clubbing” program for stress relief.

Dislikes: because of mild case of claustrophobia she loathes shuttlecraft jaunts. She wouldn’t say she “dislikes it” but Vulcan Brandy disagrees with her. She abhors oppressive authority of any kind, in any culture.

Ambitions and Goals: To live long enough to see the end of the Cardassian Union, to seek justice for all races, and to see her people’s collective self-confidence revitalized.

Temperament: She considers herself to be an uncompromising adversary to the enemies of justice. She good-humored, yet somewhat guarded. She’s an honest, charitable woman who is devoted to her people, friends and crewmembers. 

Hobbies: surfing, acting, dancing, painting

Mother: Is a Terraformer who works to transform seemingly desolate planets into those capable of supporting life.

Father: Is an engineering professor at Starfleet Academy

Siblings: none known

Character History:

Avrik Newol is an assistant to the Judge Advocate General.

Newol is not distinguishable from humans of the federation by anything but her nose. She is descended from and bears the pride and fight of the Bajoran people However, her parents were among the first to escape the Bajoran home world during the Cardassian occupation and some believe they abandoned their people. She was born on a star base and did not visit Bajor until years later. Newol was raised with a detached knowledge of the Bajoran experience.

Due to her proficiency with memorizing facts and keeping her own in an argument, she was encouraged to study law. She attended law school on Earth, the only Bajoran in her class. While serving as a clerk for the Judge Advocate General she was appointed to assist in the case of the court martial of Ensign Ro Laren. While in an interview she was left alone with Ensign Ro and was viciously confronted for her lack of spirit.

This moment was a turning point for Newol. She had long felt a disconnection between herself and her heritage. But decided that she would no longer allow her ignorance betray her.

She continued to study law and work up the ranks of the JAG office, but also added a focus in Cardassian and Bajoran studies. Some even say that despite her playful manner in social company she is equally vicious in court especially when it comes to Cardassians and other totalitarian races.

Avrik Newol came to be on the USS Tiberius as a passenger and was indefinitely assigned for reasons known only to her and the Admiral Sirach Dar Talbot.

--I can't take all credit. Jen helped me write it.
"Captain, I protest, I am not a merry man!"

Geekyfanboy

keozen

Nice to see this profile at last, I've been looking forwards to it since Jen told me your ideas.

I'd love to get some interesting ideas going for the idea of a JAG officer on the ship. If you have time drop me a PM & we'll discuss :)

MrOsterman

Ya know I'm not sure how Newol and Sameria are going to get on.... Sammy lived through the occupation, lost her mother to it, and her father to the Dominion war... I see them as having very different views.

Of course I also don't think Sameria would ever say anything either.  Just think it.

Going to be interesting.

Mr. O

ryanlb

"I won't have this handed to me, it's only worth something if you struggle for it.  Damn it, Bones, I want my pain.  I NEED my pain."
"The fact that you just quoted Star Trek V to me only proves how screwed we are without that money." ~ PVP Online

Geekyfanboy

RPG Post Count (7 in Season 1) & (0 in Season 2)

Are you going to continue in Season 3?

If not do you want your character:

TRANSFERED, KIA (KILLED IN ACTION) or MIA (MISSING IN ACTION)

Thanks,
Commander Quinn