News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Doctor Who Cartoon

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 26, 2007, 03:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Toon ‘Doctor’

Move over Superman, backoff Batman, get to the side of the road Spiderman, the good Doctor and the TARDIS are flying into the world of toons. The Doctor has traveled through different dimensions of space/time and the only dimension he has yet to conquer is that of the 2D kind, but all that is about to change.

We have seen “Doctor Who” on the tele for over 40 years, even on the big screen a couple of times. Now you will see him in 13 installments of a new animated version of the show called “Infinite Quest,” which will run as an adjunct to next season’s live-action show during BBC3’s “Totally Doctor Who.”

David Tennant and Freema Agyeman will voice their characters, with Anthony Head joining them in a brand new role.

Commenting on the the new animated continuous serial, the show’s head writer Russell T. Davies said, “The Doctor and his assistant Martha follow a trail of clues across wild and wonderful alien worlds, to find the location of the legendary lost spaceship, the Infinite.”

Looks like we and other fans not living in the U.K. are going to have to begin either fueling up our private company jets or saving up for those plane tickets to the realm of the Queen.

Rico

keozen

Yey! That sounds cool!

I love the new Dr Who series and I'm now crossing my fingers that they do this justice.

Matt

darthcooley

Sweet ! I never watched Dr. who till this latest verison but I am hooked!

comix

What is better than two of my favorites - Dr. Who and cartoons! I can hardly wait.
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)

Geekyfanboy

Here is some more news about the Cartoon...

Doctor Who and Martha are about to step into a new dimension - a cartoon
one.

David Tennant and Freema Agyeman will star in The Infinite Quest, a 13-part animated adventure that will run weekly in the second series of Totally Doctor Who.

"The Doctor And Martha follow a trail of clues across wild and wonderful alien worlds, to find the location of the legendary lost spaceship, the Infinite," revealed Russell T Davies.

Anthony Head, who played evil headmaster Mr Finch in last season's School Reunion, will guest star as a a new character, Baltazar - Scourge of the Galaxy.

Freema in particular was thrilled to be taking Doctor Who into a whole new world of possibilities.

"I didn't think my Doctor Who experience could get any more thrilling but I was absolutely blown away when they approached me about the new animation series!

"The prospect of becoming a cartoon character was both exciting and also a bit nerve-wracking as it was the first time I have been asked to do voice-over work," she said.

"But I needn't have worried - my first session involved being in a small recording room with David, Anthony Head and Toby Longworth - and all of us falling about with laughter as we tried to imagine the movements of the cartoon characters and how mad it all seemed! It was such a fun experience and now I can't wait to see how it all looks!"

The Infinite Quest is written by Alan Barnes and directed by Gary Russell. The spectacular animation will be crafted by Firestep, the creative team behind previous Doctor Who animated adventures for the BBC. Thanks to developments in animation and computer technology, expect some amazing advances on previous animations.

Darth Gaos

This sounds totally cool.  I wonder if the Sci-Fi channel would pick it up.  Hope so.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Geekyfanboy

Here is so more info about the Who Cartoon.. they are already on episode 6

The Infinite Quest is an animated serial based on the British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It is being aired in 12 weekly parts starting 2 April 2007 as a segment of the children's spin-off show Totally Doctor Who. Each part is to be three and a half minutes in length and the complete story will be broadcast as a single episode of Doctor Who at the end of the run.

There are a few clips here and there online and it looks pretty cool. Now I have to see if I can find an "alternate " way of getting these since we don't get "Totally Doctor Who" in the US.