• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

TORCHWOOD INTERVIEW

Started by Trekkygeek, January 01, 2007, 12:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkygeek

I am a subscriber to this fantastic magazine called SFX (Its a pity you cannot get it over Theresita really is worth a read) I saw this interview with John Barrowman who plays Jack Harness. Hope you like it
http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=john_barrowman_talks_torchwood
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Rico

Awesome!  Thanks man.  I'm really getting into this show now.  On episode 5....

darthcooley

Hay I just heard about there being a Torchwood Show. How are able to watch it here in th US? After watching the Who Finally over the Holidays I need a fix...

Rico

Bittorrents are about the only way to see "Torchwood" in the USA right now.  Not too hard to find that way - and well worth it.

Geekyfanboy

I get my through Limewire (a share program).. I don't know how to use Bittorrents. Is it very simple Rico?

the_wasd_man

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on January 02, 2007, 09:42:11 AM
I get my through Limewire (a share program).. I don't know how to use Bittorrents. Is it very simple Rico?

Well, since Rico doesn't seem to have any problem with using BitTorrent, I guess I could explain it to you without the fear of getting banned. ;)

Torrents are real easy to use. You only need to things: a client and the torrent. Personally I use Azureus as a client, but there are plenty out there. The client is used to download the file. Secondly, you need to torrent, which is a small file that lets the client know what to download.

So, for example, you can get Azureus here: http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

And torrents can be found easily... just use google. For example: "Torchwood+torrent"

Of course, the more people that are downloading a certain file, the faster you will get it.

I should note that the client itself isn't illegal, it's what you download that is... (but that doesn't stop me)

Rico

No problem on the bittorrent thing here by me.  I use them for things like these BBC shows.  I also use Azuereus which works pretty well.  Once you get the client it's easy to use.  There are several good search sites for torrents.  One very popular site is called Pirate Bay.  Now - I don't suggest using these sites for commerical products that are available - like the latest movies on DVD.  But for things you can't get any other way - I see no problem with it.  I end up buying the Doctor Who DVD sets when they come out here anyway.

P.S.  Sorry for the divergence from the Torchwood stuff - but that just happens to be on bittorrents now....hint hint....  ;)

Trekkygeek

Just found out this piece of good news in my trusted SFX
Torchwood gets a second series

Who spin-off Torchwood has been commissioned for a second series of alien hunting, bisexual shenanigans and gratuituous use of dirty cuss words like "Splott". Hurrah!
BBC Two are obviously happy with the viewing figures they've been getting for their Wednesday night repeats, cos they've nicked it. Yep, when it comes back next year it'll be premiering on Two instead of its original home of BBC Three.

Filming will start in Cardiff in the Spring. To read the usual BBC press office blah click here.

Opinion amongst the SFX team is pretty divided when it comes to the 'Wood. Our designer Jonny Coates, for example, goes off on a rant whenever you mention it - but then he thinks Chevy Chase is a comic genius, so his judgement is suspect. Our Ian (hang on, that's me!) is probably Torchwood's biggest supporter on the team - but even I think it's had some downright duff moments and isn't as good as Doctor Who (still, what is?).

Anyhow, we're pleased it's coming back - hopefully it'll find its way a little in the second year.

You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

the_wasd_man

^^Hey that's great news! Can't wait to watch it!

Rico

Almost done watching this cool show.  Have two episodes left to watch of Season one.  Really liking it still!

Geekyfanboy

I'm four episodes in so far.. and liking it.

Doraz the loon

Hi people

I liked Torchwood but many of my friends thought it was an uncomfortable mix of adult themes and Doctor Who style action.

Personally I thought lots of the plots were daft but enjoyable - and wait until you see the last couple of episodes - they are real love them or hate them!
The hall is rented, the orchestra engaged. Now its time to see if you can dance...