• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Hello from Dan

Started by Dan M, December 10, 2006, 12:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan M

Hi!

My name is Dan.  I just signed up here.

I found the site from the podcast.  I've  been lurking for a few weeks.  I got an iPod 3 or 4 months ago and I found the podcast on Apple's site.  I downloaded them all and go through 5 or more a week.  Sadly, I'm pretty much caught up and now have to wait for new ones like the rest of you. :(

My long-time message board handle is "pickard".  It's not that I can't spell Jean-Luc's name.  It's really an inside-joke with myself.  Remember that moment in Tapestry where Q shows up as a delivery boy and announces his name as "John Luke Pickard"?  That's where it came from.

I used to post quite extensively on the TrekBBS, but that was years ago.  However, the negativity there really turned me off and now I mostly just lurk occasionally to read about the remastered Trek.  I routinely post on the "Sideshow Freaks" forum and at Trektoy.com.

This is kind of strange in that I've never met or exchanged e-mails with Rico but I feel like I know him having listened to him for so many hours.  My tastes seem to mirror his.  Trek, Star Wars and comics are my three main interests, and have been for as long as I can remember.  I'm a fan of Galactica, old and new, and many other sci-fi properties. 

I also collect many of the same collectibles as Rico does, though not in anywhere near the volume.  For props, I've got some lightsabers, miniature and full-size.  I'm really enjoying the Sideshow 1/6th SW dolls, and I collect the Art Asylum Trek figures along with some busts and statues.

In real-life, I'm a Java programmer, working mostly with Web applications.  I'm married with two beautiful little girls and a son on the way.

Thanks for the podcast Rico.  It seems like a lot of work but it brings a lot of joy to so many people. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you, especially those I've heard on the podcasts.

Dan (pickard)

Rico

Welcome to the fun Dan.  Sounds like you will enjoy things here on the forums.  Great group of folks here that are happy to enjoy Trek and other Sci-Fi topics.  Glad you decided to join in!

Fanboy

Good to have 'ya here bub!
"I aim to misbehave."

Geekyfanboy

Hey Dan Welcome to our little piece of cyber space. Sounds like you'll fit right in here.

Jen

Quote from: pickard on December 10, 2006, 12:28:19 PM
Remember that moment in Tapestry where Q shows up as a delivery boy and announces his name as "John Luke Pickard"?  That's where it came from.
I LOVE that episode! I routinely quote that line when I'm teasing folks who can't pronounce names here at work. Its an inside joke to me too, because theres only one other person who's a Trek fan here. Good choice of names BTW.  :thumbsup

Congrats on the baby boy and welcome to the forum! There's no negativity here, so you should fit in fine. Glad to have you aboard.  ;)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Dan M

Thanks everyone.

Jen, your avatar is very cute.

Jen

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Yeoman Mara

A little late - but welcome Dan to the fun!
A redhead with a lightsaber is a dangerous combination!

Trekkygeek

Welcome Dan. Resistance is futile  :borg
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

iceman