• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Podcast #640 - Summer Skype Chat

Started by Rico, June 25, 2017, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

This week it's out Summer Skype chat talking about movies and other fun stuff.  Big thanks to those that could join in!

Podcast Notes:  http://treksinscifi.com/podcast_notes/?p=4049

http://www.treksinscifi.com/podcasts/TreksinSciFi_640_Summer_Skype.mp3

WillEagle

I enjoyed your Skype chat and you covered so many things! I just wanted to say I agree with Bryan in that Guardians 2 is better than the first one. I really loved the story on this one and it started out going 100mph! Bryan mentioned the "Fox on the Run" song which is one that I like. I have the original 45 of that song and I downloaded from ITunes some time ago an Ace Frehley (KISS) cover. Very very cool! Bryan you should check it out.
I skipped Alien Covenant so nothing to say about that.
Wonder Woman was awesome awesome! Needed 2 awesomes. Loved the scene when she was going across No Man's Land. That was so well done. I would like to see this again.
Star Trek: Discovery I am so looking forward to that I probably wouldn't care if it took place in the 80's!! In any universe! I just want more weekly Trek!! Of course I don't want it too be crap but I don't think that is too likely.
I am really also looking forward to Justice League and I do not think Joss Whedon coming in will make a big difference on the out come of the movie. I believe he will stick with whatever was already done. Which I believe most of it was. I think Joss wanted to stick his foot into the DC universe since he is slated to direct a Batgirl film. Which should be good.
Rick M. I use a Roku device which is cheaper than an Apple TV and I use my tablet as my remote. I have many apps on it for watching tv. I dropped cable about 2 years ago and I only miss some sporting events. But I have Sling TV, Netflix, Hulu, CBS All Access, and the Amazon App. I may drop some because I cant possibly watch everything on them all. And I had CBS All Access before they said there would be a new Trek series because I got it to watch Big Bang Theory. I had it online before I got the Roku.
Just my two cents or maybe more than two cents since this was so long!

Rico

Nice post Will.  Glad you enjoyed the Skype chat.  I might pick up a Roku sometime soon too.