• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

2017 Movie & Sci-Fi Calendar

Started by Vartok, January 17, 2017, 07:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vartok

Oh Boy, here is the current schedule of cool movies for 2017 (courtesy of Times magazine)

Jan. 28    BBC America  - "Planet Earth II" (ok, not sci-fi but great stuff)
Mar. 3      Hugh Jackman is Wolverine for the last time in "Logan"
Mar. 31    Scarlett Johansson is a cyborg in "Ghost in the Shell" (I'll see anything with SJ in it)
May TBD  Baby Groot dances again in "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" (can't wait)
May TBD  The Enterprise soars again in "Star Trek: Discovery"
Jul. 7       Tom Holland as the new Peter Parker casts his web in "Spider-Man: Homecoming"
Jul. 14     Human-ape conflict continues in "War for the Planet of the Apes" remake
Oct. 6       Harrison Ford returns as Rick Deckard in the long-awaited sci-fi sequel "Blade Runner 2049"
Oct. 20     Gerard Butler heads to space to prevent satellites from wreaking havoc in the disaster movie "Geostorm"
Oct. 27     JJ Abrams' "Cloverfield" anthology arrives
Nov. 3      Chris Hemsworth and his hammer descend on New York City in "Thor: Ragnarok"
Nov. 17    DC Comics superheroes convene for "Justice League"
Dec. 15    The Force is with Daisy Ridley and John Boyega in "Star Wars" Episode VIII"
Dec. 22    Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart in a "Jumanji" remake

Vartok

Rico

Cool rundown Vartok.  Thanks for that!
And don't forget:

June 2nd:  Wonder Woman
July 21st:  Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
Aug. 4th:  Alien Covenant

and I think the new "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie release date is May 5th.

Bromptonboy

A jumanji redo!  Wow.  Although I must admit I never saw the original with Robin Williams.
Pete

WillEagle

Rico

My 2017 Summer movie going plan:

May 26: Pirates 5
June 2: Wonder Woman
June 9: The Mummy
June 16: Cars 3
June 21: Transformers 5
June 28: Baby Driver
July 7: Spider-Man: Homecoming
July 14: War for the Planet of the Apes
July 21: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
July 28: Atomic Blonde
Aug 4: The Dark Tower
(all subject to change)

WillEagle

Rico, my list is a lot like yours with a few differences.

May 26 - Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men Tell No Tales
June 2 - Wonder Woman !!!!
June 9 - The Mummy
June 16 - The Book of Henry
June 16 - Cars 3
June 23 - Transformers - The Last Knight
June 30 - Despicable Me 3
July 7 - Spiderman: Homecoming
July 14 - War For The Planet of the Apes
July 21 - Dunkirk
July 21 - Valerian and the City of 1000 Planets !!!!

Lots of Awesome movies!! I probably need to buy that AMC stubs thing to save some money this summer!

Rico

Nice list Will!  I think we both will need a bit of luck to keep up this summer.  I was shocked at how little there is in August.

Jen

I'm looking forward to Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men Tell No Tales, Wonder Woman, and Spiderman. The Mummy...not so much. I think it's because I heartedly dislike Tom Cruise as of late. :/
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

WillEagle

Quote from: Rico on May 24, 2017, 12:45:25 PM
Nice list Will!  I think we both will need a bit of luck to keep up this summer.  I was shocked at how little there is in August.
Yeah, not much for me in August. And your right it will be hard to keep up with them all!

Quote from: Jen on May 28, 2017, 03:18:05 PM
I'm looking forward to Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men Tell No Tales, Wonder Woman, and Spiderman. The Mummy...not so much. I think it's because I heartedly dislike Tom Cruise as of late. :/

I know what you mean about Cruise but I do enjoy a lot of his movies. I'll be honest I thought 'The Mummy' was a remake of the Fraser movies but its starting Universal's Dark Universe movies. The next one is supposed to be 'The Bride of Frankenstein' in Feb. 2018 and followed later by 'The Invisible Man' starring Johnny Depp. Russell Crowe plays Dr. Henry Jekyll and will be the character that ties all the movies together.
Here is a link if anyone is interested.

http://fortune.com/2017/05/22/universal-dark-universe-movies/