• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"Star Trek: Discovery" - 2017

Started by Rico, July 23, 2016, 04:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Bromptonboy

New Crew...New Adventures...New Subscriptions..  ;)  /Sarcasm

I'll be there!
Pete

Rico

I like to think of it as "New Star Trek on TV" after more than a decade.  :)

ChrisMC

Its the USS Halloween! You know, 10....31....anyway.

I've heard rumblings that it's a S31 ship. I hope not.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

wraith1701

Quote from: ChrisMC on July 24, 2016, 04:38:36 PM
Its the USS Halloween! You know, 10....31....anyway.

I've heard rumblings that it's a S31 ship. I hope not.

That would kinda suck.  I don't think it will be the case, though.  In a recent interview, the show runner Bryan Fuller gave the impression that this would be a series about scientific exploration and discovery.  Here's what he had to say about the DNA of the show:

Quote"There's a wonderful sense of what we need as humans.  We need to be explorers. We need to discover. We need to expand. We need to heal where we are right now. Because we're in some dangerous territory as a country. I don't take the responsibility lightly—to continue acknowledging that beacon in the stars for us to aspire to, for us to be better people."

... "Because there's so much ignorance-based fear in this country, and demagogues who would prey on that fear, it is the scientists and the explorers and the dreamers that are going to bring this country and the world to the place that it needs to be. And I would love for us to end up in Gene Roddenberry's vision of the future. That's one of the appeals of Star Trek. People see it, and they dream about being explorers and being part of something greater than themselves. Right now it's very, very easy to get lost in ignorance and fear."

This sounds like a wonderful and exciting direction to me.  I know it's early, but right now, this show has me VERY excited.  :) 

Rico

I'm definitely excited too by what is coming in this series.  I think it's going to be great!

Vartok

Any updates on when this will finally come to the screen and where to apply for the service?
V

Rico

WillEagle

Just seen the trailer for this! Looks really good! Here is a link!!

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls053181649/videoplayer/vi1937946905?ref_=hm_hp_i_1!

Rico

Bromptonboy

Pete

WillEagle

Meds

Very much looking forward to this. I'm rather thankful i took out Netflix now.

Rico

Bromptonboy

I have only seen episode one so far - will watch #2 online tonight.  Seems pretty good to me - I will keep watching.  I was watching live on TV (I won't make that mistake again).
Pete