• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Trek "3" news!

Started by Bryancd, January 29, 2013, 06:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillEagle

That is a cool effect! Can't wait till July!!

jedijeff

That trailer grabs me much more then the first does, and certainly does get me excited to see this movie in July as well. Still early to tell, but to me, I like they have looked to knocked a bit of the brashness and cockiness off of Kirk. Kirk was always a confident person to me, but also he had his vulnerabilities, and a few scenes to me seemed to touch on it, so maybe the first two movies were a bit of his journey to get there. The Kirk and McCoy friendship seems to be closer to what my idea of it should be as well, which I find encouraging as that really reaches back to the TOS series for me. Will see how the movie plays out when it is released, if they are able to build the characters up a bit more. I guess in this generation of the crew, in their defense they never got a TV series to flesh out the characters and relationships, like the other crews that did movies had. So even though these characters are ones we are familiar with, it is a different universe, so they are a bit different, and we also met them earlier then we had their prime counterparts.

Rico

Rico

Really loved this new movie.  It had basically everything I want in a Trek movie.  Go see it and send me a video comment for the vidcast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBgLB_CBno#ws

WillEagle

So I thought I saw a couple of Easter Eggs. I'll put them in spoilers.
[spoiler]When the USS Franklin was lifting off and things were falling off it looked like a model of the old version Enterprise fell off. And when the Franklin went into Yorktown Starbase and brought up some maps it looked like the Death Star. Just my thoughts.[/spoiler]

WillEagle

Check this out. It is an exclusive gift set for Star Trek Beyond's Blu-ray release on Nov 1. I also found that you can buy it on Vudu and get the gift set plus start watching the digital copy right now!!!! Price is around $26. I may not be able to wait very long to order this!