• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Wing Commander 3

Started by DrKankles, July 23, 2015, 06:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrKankles

I just started replaying Wing Commander 3 for the PS 1 and it really made me miss the heyday of games with video clips in them.  Although they were always a bit cheesy, I loved seeing the actors and the story developed in that way.  Maybe it's just me.

PS:  As I write this I realized I have lost disc 2 for the PS1 game.  So if anyone would like to lend me that I'd be much obliged.  Perhaps I can trade something.  A very Ferengi arrangement.

Jeff  :usflag

Bromptonboy

Hah!  I remember playing Wing Command 1 on DOS.  :)
Pete

Jobydrone

I played WC3 on my ancient PC back in the day.  Mark Hamil, Malcolm McDowell?  Good cast for a game.  And I agree, I loved the Full Motion Video (FMV) games from that era, even though alot of them were of dubious acting, writing, and production quality.  Dragon's Lair, Mad Dog Mcree, Space Pirates, Time Traveler from the arcade era were amazing future tech in my mind at the time.   Always loved the space combat in Wing Commander, I think I had the original game on Super Nintendo?  I really loved the Star Trek games that "borrowed" the combat style from Wing Commander, the Starfleet Academy games.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Loved those games!  Made me play to see more of the story.

DrKankles

It seems they were only in vogue for a brief period of time.  And I agree there was some dubious acting in many of them.  Wing Commander was probably at the top of the list and that's not saying a lot.  I wonder when the last game of this type was even produced. 

Jeff :usflag

Jobydrone

I think I'm about to pick up Starfleet Academy for my first GOG purchase on my new computer :)
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Quote from: Jobydrone on July 24, 2015, 06:26:45 PM
I think I'm about to pick up Starfleet Academy for my first GOG purchase on my new computer :)

Do it!