• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Amazon Echo

Started by MARKO, March 30, 2015, 07:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MARKO

I received an Amazon Echo over the weekend and so far i am really loving it.... Alexa's voice is very soothing. Has anyone else received an Echo yet?
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Rico

My older son got one awhile back.  He liked what it could do but I haven't talked to him lately much about it.  Can you buy stuff via voice yet?

MARKO

Rico

Yes i just say Alexa play Music.... or play a specific Artist or playlist, or play NPR news and she does it. No problems with her understanding my commands. You cannot buy stuff yet but they will be adding that soon.
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Rico

Yeah, I was a bit surprised you couldn't yet say, "Alexa, order me Star Trek the Next Generation, Season 7 on Blu-Ray" yet.  Seems like that would be perfect for this Amazon device.

Bromptonboy

Pete

moyer777

I've got one, but have been so busy I haven't set it up yet.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

X

I've had mine since the first week of Feb and it's been working hard in the kitchen. PLaying music when I'm cooking or doing dishes and answering questions.

You can buy things, but right now, it's only digital music. That being said, there are constant updates happening and it might be down the road. However, I don't think it will because the total insecure nature of buying big item things by voice alone. Imagine the trouble your kids or visitors could cause.

Rico

I think buying things could work if you need to read it part of your credit card number or maybe a code word or password.

Bromptonboy

I ordered one - but won't see it for a few months it seems.
Pete