• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"Ant-Man" - movie

Started by Rico, January 03, 2015, 12:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillEagle

Quote from: Jobydrone on July 19, 2015, 05:20:44 PM
Not reading spoilers till I see this...wondering what's the story with the Wasp, if she is as old as Hank Pym...I'm sure they cover her story but haven't seen anything about it yet.

It's there. You gotta go check it out.

jedijeff

The more I think about this movie, the more I really like it. Maybe what draws me to this, is that Ant-Man (or maybe Paul Rudd) is sort of an everyman, in the movie and real life. The majority of other super heroes, are all these really big good looking guys (or Gals). I know that Steve Rogers was just a small guy, with a big heart until transformed into Captain America, but still Chris Evans is a big strong guy in real life. I guess to me, Paul Rudd, sort of comes across, like anyone of us could be a super hero. Maybe that is silly for a guy in his mid 40's to say, but something about his character just resonated with me.
This movie had a lot of great things in it, it might not have been a special effects extravaganza like in some of the other Marvel movies, but this held me the whole way through. The extra scenes at the end of the movie are definitely worth hanging around, to the point that they are pretty much mandatory to get the whole affect of the movie.

Rico

I saw it today and liked it a lot.  i'm with you Jeff - this is a hero you can easily identify with.  The movie is fun, has some nice heart to it, a great cast, with some cool action.  Made me want to see a sequel right now!  I'm really enjoying this summer movie season so far!

Rico

Also, if you go see this make sure to stay until the very end of the credits.  There are TWO extra scenes in the credits.

Rico

Go see "Ant-Man" if you haven't and don't want to see the F4 movie.  "Ant-Man" hit $300 million worldwide and is a lot of fun.