• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Geek Holiday movies

Started by Jen, December 15, 2014, 05:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Angela and I are recording another short videocast tomorrow about geeky Christmas movies and TV specials to get you in the holiday mood. We have the old standbys:

The Star Wars Holiday Special
Doctor Who Christmas Specials
A Christmas Carol (covered on our show already)

These were also suggested to us on Twitter:
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
The Tick Loves Santa
Invader Zim's Most Horrible X-mas Ever ep
Futurama's X-mas/evil Santa robot episodes
RANKIN BASS: The Year Without a Santa & Santa Claus is Coming to Town
The Real Ghostbusters Christmas episode involving time travel, and A Christmas Carol crossover
Eureka Christmas Specials

Do you have anything to add to our list?
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

"Christmas Vacation" with Chevy Chase is my favorite holiday movie. Not super geeky, except for maybe how crazy he goes with the lights on the house (which I have been known to do).  Besides that "The Big Bang Theory" does some good Christmas shows each year and I do look forward to the "Doctor Who" Christmas specials as well which is on your list already.

Also, for geeky Christmas music there is nothing better than Rick Moyer's Trek-Mas music!

Jen

Oh yes, I had planned to include Mr. Moyer's Christmas Mix.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

M-5

Die Hard and 1941.  :leiaxmas

Bromptonboy

How could you forget Yukon Cornelius!  ;)
Pete

Jen

Is Die Hard a geeky movie though? This is the second time someone has suggested it. :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Geeky movies, guys. Geeky holiday movies. LOL. Yukon Cornelius is from Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, if I'm correct.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bromptonboy

How about the old 6 Million Dollar Man episode where he recreates the Christmas Carol - using his special bionic powers to pretend he is the ghost of Christmas present..
Pete

Rico

There really are not many geeky holiday movies. TV specials and holiday themed episodes, but movies are really just not out there that fit this exact criteria.

Jen

Quote from: Rico on December 16, 2014, 10:37:52 AM
There really are not many geeky holiday movies. TV specials and holiday themed episodes, but movies are really just not out there that fit this exact criteria.

We're covering both movies and TV specials. Just recorded the episode at lunch. Referenced you. :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Quote from: Bromptonboy on December 16, 2014, 09:57:09 AM
How about the old 6 Million Dollar Man episode where he recreates the Christmas Carol - using his special bionic powers to pretend he is the ghost of Christmas present..

haha! Was that actually an episode? Oh man. I wonder if that's on Netflix.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bromptonboy

It was an episode - I recall watching it when I was a kid.  He wore a santa suit , etc:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0702036/
Pete

Bromptonboy

After an accident at a NASA contractor, Steve uses his bionic abilities to convince the gruff, penny-pinching head of the company to change his callous ways.
Pete

davekill

Quote from: Jen on December 16, 2014, 08:38:57 AM
Is Die Hard a geeky movie though? This is the second time someone has suggested it. :)
Well McClane did drop a computer monitor down an elevator shaft :)

The Quantum Leap episode ' A Little Miracle' is a great twist on the Christmas Carol story.
"Sam and Al scare the Dickens out of a rich Scrooge character who wants to tear down a mission and build a high rise.'

Bromptonboy

Snape was in it, surely that must count for something?  ;)
Pete