• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

1966 Batman coming to Blu-Ray and DVD

Started by Ktrek, July 02, 2014, 03:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktrek

Well, it's finally going to happen! The 1966 Adam West Batman is finally coming out on Blu-Ray and DVD. All three seasons of 120 episodes will be released on November 18th. I can't wait! This is one of the funniest shows of all time in my opinion. Now I admit there is a fair amount of nostalgia attached to my feelings about this show but it's so campy that it's fun. Here's an official trailer:

Batman The Complete Television Series
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Finally!  I'm definitely in for this.  Besides TOS, one of my favorite shows to watch while growing up.

Bromptonboy

Pete

Jobydrone

Me too, anybody know why it's taken so long?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Quote from: Jobydrone on July 04, 2014, 06:23:54 AM
Me too, anybody know why it's taken so long?

Legal junk.  With all those guest stars it's taken ages to sort out contracts, payments, etc.  Keep in mind back in that era no one knew of home video so it wasn't built into contracts.

Ktrek

Yea... It's taken so long for a few reasons. Fox owned the rights to the TV syndication but Warner owned the characters currently. So Fox and Warner have been trying to negotiate a deal for years. Also, deals needed to be made with the main stars and all the guest stars as well as some of the music for royalties. There were a lot of people and estates to consider for.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

WillEagle

I remember watching this with my brother and we loved it. I'll have to check this out.

X

Happy to hear it's finally out, but I'm going to pass on buying this. There are things from my childhood that my adult self outgrew with changing taste. Having seen an episode or two recently, I've concluded that it's better for me to have fond hazy memories than reliving the show. campy Batman doesn't work for the adult me as evidenced by my total dislike of Batman Brave and the Bold.

Jobydrone

I'm definitely picking it up, probably on blu-Ray, for my kids, especially my younger son Ethan who adores everything Batman but the Nolan movies are too scary and boring for him at his age.  He actually loves the Kilmer/Carrey and Ahnold/Clooney Batmans much to my chagrin, so I'd much rather sit through the Adam West series again than Batman & Robin for the fifteenth time.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

I loved this show when I was a kid.  I can never see Burgess Meredith in any other movie and not think about The Penguin.
Pete

Ktrek

Rico

sheldor

Rico

I think you mean HOLY BLU-RAY's, Batman!

Ktrek

I had my wife record the unboxing and so I'll see if I can get that uploaded to Youtube tonight. This set is fantastic! You guys would not believe the picture quality and it has a couple other nice things going for it like a really well built box with a magnetic cover. I didn't notice that in the unboxing or I would have mentioned it. Warner did this one right! I couldn't be more pleased.

Kevin