• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

The Star Wars Stacks

Started by Jen, March 23, 2014, 08:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedijeff

Looking forward to the Thrawn trilogy you guys are covering. Really enjoyed that set of books, and like a lot of folks, what really got me into the EU, and happy I jumped in rather early after they got released. Even with the changes in the EU, I still hope you guys cover some of the previous books, as they still are great or interesting stories. I hoping at some point you guys might cover off the Original Han Solo Adventures by Brian Daley. That one is sitting on my bookshelf to reread and follow along with you guys.

Looking forward to the new set of books, but with a bit of caution, as it feels like it might be a bit of a changing of the guard, so the Universe might feel a bit different. I really enjoyed the Clone Wars series, but at times, some of the stories and how they were presented came off a bit foreign to me, with a different set of people writing them. After watching the video they had posted on Youtube about the decision, I got that same sense about the new stories going forward. That said, I am not opposed to a redo on some Characters in the EU or Movies, mainly Boba Fett, as they seemed to remove all the mystery from him, and just seemed like some grumpy old guy concerned about his stocks and the price of Beskar iron. But that is just me :)

billybob476

Thanks Jeff! Hope you enjoy the episode. We're planning to have a (relatively) short discussion about the newly announced novels and put it out for "Star Wars Day" on May 4th as a sort of bonus show.

billybob476

In honour of Star Wars Day, we put out a "special edition" episode talking about all the recent EU announcements. It was a fun little chat!

http://swstacks.libsyn.com/star-wars-stacks-3-state-of-the-eu

Meds

Caught up on all the episodes today and really enjoying the casts. I've never read any Star Wars books ( bar the making of and the adaption of A New Hope) so listening to you three is a great way  of being introduced to it all.
Keep up the great work the chemistry between the three of you is top notch :)

Rico

Meds - you've never read a "Star Wars" novel???  How is that possible?  ;)

ChrisMC

Quote from: Meds on May 09, 2014, 03:35:03 PM
Caught up on all the episodes today and really enjoying the casts. I've never read any Star Wars books ( bar the making of and the adaption of A New Hope) so listening to you three is a great way  of being introduced to it all.
Thanks, Meds. You are de best.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bryancd

You know what you should read Meds? The novelization of Revenge of the Sith. I think you would really like it.

billybob476

Quote from: Bryancd on May 10, 2014, 05:13:09 AM

You know what you should read Meds? The novelization of Revenge of the Sith. I think you would really like it.

This.

Also, the followup book "Rise of Darth Vader" is great.

Thanks for listening!