• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

1966 Batman coming to Blu-Ray and DVD

Started by Ktrek, July 02, 2014, 03:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktrek

OK guys....Here is my unboxing of the set. Not perfect and my wife could have focused a little better but it's ok. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/qDD1ay3LUZg
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Jobydrone

What a great set!  I may need to pick this up for my son Ethan as an early Xmas/Chanukah gift. How much did this set you back Ktrek?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

Pete

Ktrek

Quote from: Jobydrone on November 12, 2014, 05:57:16 AM
What a great set!  I may need to pick this up for my son Ethan as an early Xmas/Chanukah gift. How much did this set you back Ktrek?

The set from Amazon is currently at $179.00. For years I have been a member of the 1966 Batman message board and a member there posted that Bullmoose.com had a pre-order special of $149.47 and so I emailed Amazon with a link to their price and believe it or not they price matched the item for me. Others tried to do the same with no luck. I don't know if it's because they have screwed up on so many of my orders this year that they made an exception on their price matching rule but in any case that one thing changed my mind about renewing my Prime membership. If they hadn't price matched it though I would have bought it from Bullmoose, whose price went up to $212.00 by the way, and I would have saved even more because I wouldn't have had to pay tax on the purchase but I figured if Amazon would do that for me they got they sale. I would have gladly paid $180.00 for the set though and fully expected to.

I'd say the picture quality of the transfer is as good and possibly better than the transfer of Star Trek Original series. The set should definitely get some awards this year. If it's not voted best box set I would be surprised.

And Pete the unboxing video is posted two above your post! :)

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Jobydrone

Whew hope the price comes down considerably Black Friday or after, or Ethan is going to have to DVR the episodes or something. Lol.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

WillEagle

Wow! That's cool, ktrek. Lots of cool stuff in that set!

Bromptonboy

I had missed the video - but just watched it now.  Cool set!
Pete